• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Don't mean to beat a dead horse further but if you haven't stocked up well before now you deserve what you get.
    Even a small modest cache of a few hundred rounds each of all your calibers was not a budget busting impossibility.
    Gun people have been saying for years a panic would happen again and....well....here we are.

There is wisdom in your words.

Had a person, who was short of cash, bought one box of ammo per week for a single pistol, since the last big panic buy (2013 I think) that would be 7 years worth of ammo less any used for practice. Seven years of buying one box of 50 rounds per week would amount to to 7 years x 52 weeks per year (or fifty two 50 round boxes) = 364 boxes of ammo. 364 (number of boxes) x 50 (rounds per box) = 18,200 rounds purchased. If my math is right (and I am no math wiz but think I got that right) even if you shot around two boxes per month, you'd have lots of rounds remaining in inventory. Cannot afford a box per week, buy a box per month; that would come out to 4,200 rounds purchased over 7 years. Use half of to to practice or even a third of it and you would still have enough ammo left over in your inventory to hopefully get you through a panic buy.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    While I'm not a Prepper by any means,I try to stay stocked up on the supplies that I may need to make sure I can weather anything that shall arise be it an act of Nature,God,or,Government.
    Isn't that essentially what a prepper does? It may be to a lessor degree than some or more than others but it seems you are prepping.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    The virtue signaling in this thread is thick with righteous indignation. Okay we all acknowledge how much smarter and clever you are, feel better now?

Why do you feel compelled to tell anyone else how stupid they are if they aren't as prepared?

I get bragging a little on your stockpiles but what's the point of your smug little lectures?

Just an observation.
    Is it possible that some of what you are taking as smug lectures could and maybe should be taken as good advice, for the next time around, by those who were caught unprepared this time around.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Is it possible that some of what you are taking as smug lectures could and maybe should be taken as good advice, for the next time around, by those who were caught unprepared this time around.

Good advice yes with maybe a bit less "stupid" and "get what they deserve". Tone it down it's advice, delivered as a diatribe its finger wagging.

I strongly believe in being prepared, self reliance, individual accountability. Not criticising the message just the delivery. Catch more flies with honey and all that.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Just figured I'd throw this out there, but - "What exactly is prepared"?

Aside from the generally accepted fact that it means different things to different people, without foreknowledge of events, it's really more an issue of anticipated use-cases.

Also, (and largely for that reason), I don't believe it's ever possible to be 'fully prepared' - all we can hope for is 'prepared enough' (which is why we should have a 'Lessons Learned' stage at the end of our OODA loop, and why it's critical to learn fro both our own mistakes as well as the mistakesof others).

Finally, it would also be well to remember that stage-in-life has alot to do with this also...Got young children? If so, you ain't prepared;

Alternatively, if you're in your 30's, live by yourself or with long-term SO on a bunch of land in the middle of nowhere, have a massive stockpile of food/clothing/medicine/supplies/TP/etc., a deep well /w hand & electric pump, nearby stream/river with mini hydro-power station, a fully equipped shop/forge and FFL10/FEL, along with a mountain of ammo/components/tooling/etc., $100k worth of NODs/Thermals, etc.....Well, this may constitute being 'fully (or at least mostly) prepared'...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Alternatively, if you're in your 30's, live by yourself or with long-term SO on a bunch of land in the middle of nowhere, have a massive stockpile of food/clothing/medicine/supplies/TP/etc., a deep well /w hand & electric pump, nearby stream/river with mini hydro-power station, a fully equipped shop/forge and FFL10/FEL, along with a mountain of ammo/components/tooling/etc., $100k worth of NODs/Thermals, etc.....Well, this may constitute being 'fully (or at least mostly) prepared'...
    Until someone flies over in a crop duster and drops a few small bombs on you while your are outside or worse.:pilot:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Prepared means different things to different folks.
    Prepared is not about what or how much you have. But that you have everything you need to achieve your end objective in whatever scenario unfolds.
    Assuming you are alive to do so.
    For some of us, that means even if I am not alive, my end objective CAN be met. Whether or not they WILL be met is beyond any control of mine.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Until someone flies over in a crop duster and drops a few small bombs on you while your are outside or worse.:pilot:
    Dammit, another scenario I'm not prepared for!

In all seriousness though, I've actually thought about this, and have even come up with a few ideas for potentially viable defensive capabilities; other priorities however ;)

Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    There will always be someone more prepared than another person. Life is just that way. Who would of thought TP would be hoarded like it is? There may come a day when Popsicle sticks are what is needed and that old crazy guy that has saved them his whole life will be the winner!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Have you ever heard of Kosovo?
    The 3 hardest things to come by and the things that would make you rich,
    Clean water
    Toilet paper
    A way to start fire.
    Fire is tool that elevated Man above Apes.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think "prepper" has become a bit of a bad word, kinda like how "survivalist" did.

It's all the same thing when you get right down to it.

That's self inflicted.

I dont know why it's so hard for people to realise that if you are on reality tv its because people are making fun of you or running you down. No one cares otherwise. Some of those prepping shows did exactly that. Shit all of them. Like the retards who made a fort out of connex boxes then tested them for bullet resistance with 22 rifles. They are prepped and ready to die because they announced to the world I'm an idiot with lots of stuff.

It all goes back to man's one failing, they can't keep their mouths shut. I consider the winners to be people who when found dead of natural causes surprised the shit out of the world by having amassed suprising quantities of anything. They are the successful preppers. May be crazy bastards but successful.

Top Bottom