Ammo shortage ...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by bikerbill, Nov 17, 2009.

1. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Some good news on the ammo front, at least for me ... :rofl: went to Cabela's in Buda TX today looking for ammo and they had a ton! Just about every handgun caliber for range ammo, and some of the prices were decent, at least by current standards. I was looking for SD rounds, got a box of 110gr .38 +p Hornady Critical Defense for my j-frame and some practice rounds for same. The only thing I didn't see was .380, but that doesn't worry me because I don't have one. Anyhow, pricey but available, and while I was there they were restocking the shelves. Also, rifle and shotty ammo shelves were well-stocked. Now if the prices would just come down ...

2. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    They are stocking up for Thursday

Thursday is National Ammo Buycot day

3. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Now if the stores could just keep primers in stock.

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    If anybody in California, Nevada, Arizona, or Utah hear of large quantities of .380 being available for a reasonable price make sure to contact me. Thanks!

:patriot:

5. sparksalot

sparksalot New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    san antonio
    I went to cabellas comming back from houston and their prices are marked up to take advantage of customers I read were several people were saying stun about www.alamoammo.com 380 but no one has that ammo and when they get it in doesnt last long.I looked at their web site and and 9mm,40 cal,and 45 cal were cheaper than cabellas.They have it in stock they say no backorders so i bought some 45 cal and 9mm was shipped on time.I might not agree about how they charge for their 380 but on other cals they are on the target.I dont think they will be closing their doors any time soon as other sites say backorder while I got my ammo quick.

6. RetArmySgt

RetArmySgt Glad to be back. TGT Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Not to hijack or anything but if anyone out there is looking for M118LR for your .308's look here http://usarmorment.com/