• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I just ran across this new (to me) safety/dry fire device. Since I do a lot of dry firing, this device seems like in might be worth trying. I presenty use snap caps but they require careful slide manipulation to keep from extracting the snap cap.
    The cost is $6.00 each caliber plus $8.00 shipping on up to fifty. What do you guys think?

[url]http://www.ammosafe.com/[/URL]
    Capitol Armory ad

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    What are you dry firing?? Most modern firearms don't require any type of snap cap to be safely dry fired.. I use dry fire practice for practical shooting and will often dry fire my weapon 200-300 times a week.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Seems like a spancy snap cap. The thing going out the barrel would seem to interfere with holstering. (Dispite what they say)

I wouldn't get one, personally. What weapons are you currenly dry firing? As biglucky said, many modern firearms can be safely dry fired (Glock for example), but I'd make sure the owners manual specifically stated that it could.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I used to dry fire my Sigma SW9VE a lot. Never used snap caps. No one likes the trigger of the Sigma but it sure is a good gun to learn trigger control on.
    I have dry fired my S & W, MP 40 many hundreds of times with no snap cap and no problems.
    Then I kept reading that snap caps should be used when dry firing center fire pistols, so to be on the safe side, I bought some 9mm snap caps and use them in my CZ 75B, S & W MP 9c and my S & W MP 9 Pro. I have never had any problems not using snap caps though.
    The Ammosafe looked kinda interesting. It certainly would be a safe way to store away a semi auto pistol if nothing else. Most of my guns are loaded anyway since there are no kids around. I just wanted opinions from you experts and thank you very much, I got some.

Top Bottom