• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lil'Joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Houston
    I realize this may be an indictment of the company, and I am sorry for that.

Let me try to get in touch with them 1st, this could have been a coincidence and maybe not, but do not want to bad-mouth anyone until I have had the opportunity to speak with them

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    It was a squib load... no big deal, should not have harmed your pistol at all... I wouldnt be concerned it happens with factory ammo every now and then as well.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It was a squib load... no big deal, should not have harmed your pistol at all... I wouldnt be concerned it happens with factory ammo every now and then as well.

Maybe I'm just a young shooter, but I've shot severl thousand rounds of factory ammo and never had a squib load.

Has it ever happend to you?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Maybe I'm just a young shooter, but I've shot severl thousand rounds of factory ammo and never had a squib load.

Has it ever happend to you?

Yes, I have had a squib in WWB, Magtec, and even Horniday TAP defense ammo.

It ain't common, but it DOES happen. That is why LEO'S do malfunction clearing drills AND carry back up weapons.

I would not worry too much about any FACTORY AMMO. I've had 3 my whole life and I've shot THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of rounds.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't worry much about MY handloads. I've never had a squib - but #1 I'm anal about my loading technique AND I readily admit that I've been lucky!!!

Lil'Joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Houston
    Ammowerkes - Chappelhill, TX was from the credit card statement.

Honetly, I have been shooting for about 51 years, I have also fired thousands, maybe 10's of thousands of rounds, and this is the 1st squib I have ever experienced in any gun.

Perhaps this may not be a big deal, but I must admit that a cold chill did run down my back when I realized what had happened, since if the brass had ejected, I must wonder if I would have caught that it was a squib before I sent another bullet down the tube.

The other issue is that I had two malfunctions in one 50-round box of ammo, as ConnRadd witnesed, this was the 2nd malfunction. A couple of rounds before I had a FTF and looked at the cartridge to find that the brass was wrinkled, so it wouldn't feed.

After I pounded out the bullet, I took the G27 out the next day and ran the cheapest dirtiest range ammo that I could find through the pistol to see if the G27 would shoot and if I could force another malfunction/misfire. I could not force it to misfire, even to the point of limp-wristing the pistol, the pistol is fine so maybe I just got a poor box of ammo

Like they say, "God watches over Children and Fools, and I ain't no Children!"

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Might call the Credit Card company and see if they can get you number or an address. Explain to them that you might have some defective product and see what they say.

Top Bottom