• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lgvelez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hurst, Texas
    Husband and I are looking to buy some small firearms and we are wondering about the general availability of .32 caliber and .25 caliber ammo. I have a Beretta BobCat and would love to get a TomCat, which is .32 caliber. I have some spinal stenosis so the AlleyCat Berettas are perfect for me, and their small size allows me to enjoy shooting like I used to .

Thanks, Laura in North TX
    DK Firearms

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    .32 is generally avalable at most sporting stores like gander mountain, cabellas, academy, and i've seen some at walmart before too. I have a little .32 FEG myself and love to shoot it. .25 I've honestly never looked for but I do have a box of it from winchester so it can't be that scarce. Worst comes to worst, just go online and buy it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    1. Walmart or Academy should have .32 auto or .25 auto, no problem. If not your local one, mr. Internet has plenty.

2. Why .32 auto and .25 auto? You said small firearms. Are they carry firearms? You mentioned spinal stenosis, but what problems does that give you? I find my smaller firearms to be the most unpleasant guns to shoot. The most comfortable ones are full sized guns in smaller calibers (usually 9mm luger, 38 special, or 22lr.) The full size helps you get a good grip on it, and the weight helps dampen the recoil. Again, I don't know what you are looking for, but I think you may be better served with other choices.

My mother owns the .32 Tomcat. Fun little gun. Its not too bad. Pretty little, with a little bit of heft to it. I didn't like it because the slide would bite my hand, but the trigger wasn't nearly as long as so many of the sub-compacts out there. The barrel flip up thingy is pretty cool, too.

lgvelez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hurst, Texas
    Spinal stenosis in the cervical (neck) area causes numbness and some loss of strength in the arms. My vertebrae in my neck are compressing.

Thanks for the advice ... the TomCat is actually one that I am looking closely at. I do have the BobCat, and it is a lot of fun to fire.

Laura

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got a Tomcat (.32acp) and really like it. I've never seen .32acp at Walmart, but Academy and Cabelas usually has it. I ordered a 1000 round case of it online and as little as I shoot the gun, that will last me quite awhile. Most folks will tell you .32acp is too wimpy, but shoot someone in the face or nuts with it and they'll stop whatever they are doing... Just make sure you practice enough to reliably make those hits.

My advice on the .25 Bobcat is not to bother. It's not really any more powerful than .22lr, but the ammo is WAY more expensive. If you can afford both, get the Bobcat in .22lr for practice and the Tomcat for "business". I'm guessing the reason why you are drawn to these is because you're lacking some dexterity and strength in you fingers? If so loading the .22lr magazines will be a real pain in the ass. You'll probably have to experiment with several "tools" to help you load the magazines.

On another subject, have you tried an inversion table? I just recently got one because I constantly have back pain. Exact cause is unknown because the insurance company doesn't want to pay for the MRI. That's something for another thread, however... Anyways, so far the inversion therapy seems to be doing some good. Pain is reduced, numbness is reduced, and I've actually had a few moments here and there where the pain was gone. Check with your doc first because it may be a no-no for your condition.

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    Most ammo seems plenty available these days. Shop the net for the best prices.

It does seem odd at times though as .32 is about as high as anything else. I have put up my Tomcat for sale, and trying to streamline calibers.

Top Bottom