• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    That company's name is Mudd going forward, and rightly so. If you're going to have the balls to pull a stunt like this you should have the balls to stick with your decision when the heat is on. Did they think they'd fly under the radar and nobody outside the company would ever find out? Some moron floated this idea, but it's the others who were in the room that are the real idiots here because they didn't shoot it down immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That company's name is Mudd going forward, and rightly so. If you're going to have the balls to pull a stunt like this you should have the balls to stick with your decision when the heat is on. Did they think they'd fly under the radar and nobody outside the company would ever find out? Some moron floated this idea, but it's the others who were in the room that are the real idiots here because they didn't shoot it down immediately.

Exactly true. Now they are playing spin city and backpedaling.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Exactly true. Now they are playing spin city and backpedaling.

Exactly. And it's even more pathetic than the original plan that got them into this mess. Oops, we made a mistake. F that. You knew exactly what you were doing. Spineless pricks. I think the damage control is actually way more annoying than whatever it was that caused the damage. Maybe it's because of politicians doing it all the time. Shit gets on my nerves.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It's a good question, but does it matter?

It's none of the employees business. If the employees are not working, then stop paying them across the board. Or enact pay cuts, but taking half of a $500 stipend given to help feed and house kids?

My wife is sitting at home( school district employee) so far with pay. Id prefer her to be fired or furloughed before they tried that crap.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I think it does matter. An employer with zero income yet continues to pay employees who are not working is justified, IMO, to not pay said employees the amount the govt pays out so they have some offset.

I dont think that is right if the employees are working.

I did read that the company has now changed their tune. Good for them

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think it does matter. An employer with zero income yet continues to pay employees who are not working is justified, IMO, to not pay said employees the amount the govt pays out so they have some offset.

I never got the impression that ImageNet closed their doors and told the employees to go home and not work.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Did you see at the bottom of the article the company put out an "oops, we f'd up" apology statement. Still will keep their name in my mental file, do not do business with.

Sadly, if enough people do that to matter it will probably effect the employees more than the company.

Not that I’m disagreeing with your stance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sadly, if enough people do that to matter it will probably effect the employees more than the company.

Not that I’m disagreeing with your stance.

I agree. In such situations like this, decisions of management, or the owners, affects the employees much more, when we as consumers decide to boycott these companies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

There is no way they half the right to means test their employees.

They have the right to lay them off.

Docking pay is a mind-boggling stupid idea that will so negatively affect moral for years to come.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is no way they half the right to means test their employees.

They have the right to lay them off.

Docking pay is a mind-boggling stupid idea that will so negatively affect moral for years to come.
    I don't understand you.

If the business is forced to close and that puts the employees out of work, is the employer obligated to pay the employees?

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

I see what you are saying. I think I'm understanding it from my perspective. I'm working, and never got the impression they weren't.

If an employer is paying employees out of the goodness of their hearts, then they have the right to do whatever their hearts desire.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don't understand you.

If the business is forced to close and that puts the employees out of work, is the employer obligated to pay the employees?

I am not sure what you are talking about. You did not mention closed business, just zero income, a huge difference. You also acknowledged they are still paying employees, just want to pay them less due to Federal Assistance. That is BS

So now you have moved the goal posts and the business is closed, and has no employees, so-

If employees are out of work, they collect unemployment, and obviously the employer is no longer paying them.

eta rewrote

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Something that just occurred to me.

This is either just corporate greed, or the company is on very shaky financial grounds. Trying to keep corporate coffees full off your employees is crappy, and sure doesn't inspire employees to loyal to the company. And if the company is in that bad shape financially, that using employees money to keep it afloat, is just bad too.

Top Bottom