Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...the entire train of thought as an effective prosecution strategy is ludicrous. ...
    Y'know, I hadn't thought of that. I suspect you're right.

If the police had obtained this evidence in this way it probably wouldn't have helped their case. Surely someone on the jury would have said to themselves "They raped this boy to get evidence that he showed a dirty picture to his girlfriend...who didn't mind and had probably already seen the thing in real life anyway? WTF?" and then quietly exercised their option to nullify.

I feel pretty sure I would if I were on that jury.
    Guns International

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It is not even close to the same.
    Agreed. You're absolutely correct.

What the police attempted to do, had they succeeded, would have been an order of magnitude more evil, more damaging to both the physical body of the accused and society as a whole, than the crime of which he is accused.

Common sense.

I enthusiastically join you in your call for common sense.

For example, I can understand a loss of perspective in the pursuit of evidence. It's the notion that a judge actually signed off on it that floors me. I would have thought just a hint of common sense would have kicked in...somewhere.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    They specifically obtained to warrant to photograph it erect. They were going to inject him with something to make it erect for the photos.
    Perfectly reasonable. Gotta go now. I gotta get back to watching msnbc, supporting bloomberg, wetting my bed, being a victim and sign up for the affordable healthcare act coverage.

Police should know better than to execute on that search warrant. "Boys" and "penis" and "erect" together in a sentence is way too much for me to put in a sentence together. That'll get you on a list real quick.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I would not allow such a warrant to be served on my son.
    Apparently his parents felt the same. Reportedly, the parents sent their son out of state pending the outcome of legal appeals.

Publicity shamed the police into dropping the matter and saying publicly that they were going to let the warrant expire. I can only assume the parents are smart enough to keep their kid out of state until the expiration date has passed.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The problem with sanctioning illegal acts in the enforcement of illegal acts is where does one stop? It is the broken window theory. Police are permitted to speed in response to a call. Now they take that liberty whenever they are in the squad car. Next, they take that liberty when in their personal vehicle and flash their badge. So you see, where does it stop. Apparently at child molestation. That is way too far down the road. Not only did the courts agree to child molestation, they agreed to forcibly injecting the child with drugs to do it. Can you imagine the outrage if a civilian did such a thing?

Top Bottom