Venture Surplus ad

AN/PVS-2 Night Vision Scope + Mount (Dallas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7n6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2013
    DFW
    Hi,

I bought this scope from Whatacountry online in 2012 and never used it other than for a few photo ops. As much as I like it, it is not cost effective to keep it sitting around any longer so I am offering it here for sale.

AN/PVS-2 + M14/M1A scope mount and hard case.

From the '60s, shipped to Israel then refurbished and sent back to the USA as surplus. It uses a 4-cell AA battery pack that is included and can also be bought from whatacountry.com as well as some of the various replacement parts to keep the scope functioning. Has daytime cover so you can use during daylight as well. I turned it on and it works fine.

I am asking below what I paid for the scope and scope mount and offering free shipping to the CONUS via USPS:

$520 Shipped or $500 FTF if in the DFW Metroplex area.
    Now $490 shipped with mount OR $415 shipped without mount.

I accept paypal or money order/cashiers check. First "ill take it" followed by a private message gets it, thanks. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

7498288880_2f55e138c1_b.jpg

Rifle not included:

7498295510_b522d2be92_b.jpg

7498293190_5e44c1bde9_b.jpg

9791d1409353694t-wts-pvs-2-starlight-scope-m14-m16-photo-13-.jpg

12000d1414550926t-wts-pvs-2-starlight-scope-m14-m16-star3.jpg

Last edited:

7n6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2013
    DFW
    Yep and this is a great deal compared to what they usually sell for online retail.

Now $505 SHIPPED

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    They had nv in the '60s? Man I have a lot to learn.

Here's a little more info for ya!

"Night vision devices were first used in World War II, introduced by the German army as early as 1939. In mid-1943, first tests with infrared night-vision (Nacht Jager) devices and telescopic rangefinders mounted on Panther started. Two different arrangements / solutions were created and used on Panther tanks. Solution A - Sperber FG 1250 (Sparrow Hawk), with range up to 600m, was made up of one 30 cm infrared searchlight and image converter operated by the commander. From late 1944 to March 1945, some Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf G (and other variants) mounted with FG 1250, were successfully tested. By the end of World War II, the German army had equipped approximately 50 (or 63) Panther tanks, which saw combat on both the Eastern and Western Fronts. The "Vampir" man-portable system for infantrymen was being used with Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifles.

Parallel development of night vision systems occurred in the USA. The M1 and M3 infrared night sighting devices, also known as the "sniperscope" or "snooperscope," were introduced by the US Army in World War II."

First generation passive devices introduced during the Vietnam War were an adaptation of earlier active GEN 0 technology, and relied on ambient light instead of an infrared light source

(Details from Wikipedia)

Cheers! M2

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    What kind of nount is that/what is it designed to be mounted to?

I'd want to mount it to an AR-style rifle, I'm fairly certain.....can it be done.

Please forgive my ignorance.....

7n6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2013
    DFW
    Hi,

The mount that I bought with the scope fits to M14/M1A rifles. The AR-15/M16 mount can be bought from whatacountry.com and is designed to fit with this scope said AR type of rifles.

Top Bottom