• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Badminton is tougher than shooting ? WHO came up with this ? Either hit the little birdie with a racket or a 12ga, I know which I think is harder.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I think # 1 should be curling. Anyone who has ever watched Huff and Puff sweep down the sheet can understand the sheer terror they must feel standing in the path of an Orkney Island stone.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The test is physiology, motor skill and cognitive skill based. That would have been a great project in college.

This list is simply which body in what sport works the hardest in order to perform.

As this test is right up my formal education alley, I'm inclined to support it.

And don't get too worked up because badminton is "tougher" than shooting. The rating is based on the total points system alone, not an individual characteristic. It still actually takes more physical exertion to play badminton than it does to shoot. Compare the data.

Science doesn't lie. I've done these kind of tests. Actually taken measurements. I've had my measurements taken. Numbers don't lie. Assuming the validity of the testors is consistent, it's a good numbers test. I don't see how much weight was placed on a category. Do they weigh the fitness disciplines higher? Do they weight the skills higher? Are they all the same?

The trouble I see that yall are complaining about is there is no distinction for the sport to be fitness-based or skill-based, they are just put in the hopper together. All in all, don't get worked up.

This is just brain pleasure for physiologists

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Who ever did the ranking obviously has never road raced a closed cockpit sports car in the Texas summer heat.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They ranked auto racing with incredibly low speed and agility rankings ... I would rank the reflexes of a world class F1 or WRC driver with damn near anyone. It's certainly more mentally challenging than baseball, and I played that for 13 years. It has the same rankings as GOLF! ... Seriously?

Let's see Tiger Woods barnstorm Finland's ice roads in a 350 BHP Turbocharged WRC car at over 120 MPH where a mere inch separates you from a solid embankment and a forest. Let's see him tree John Force whilst manning the fasted accelerating vehicle on Earth. Let's see him run for a 2 hour leg of LeMans in a closed wheel C6R.

I'll agree with shooting, it's not a very physical sport. It's mostly just technique and skills.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Physics?

Texas1911s reply makes me think a step deeper. One thing I don't see listed is what person they used to test. I've been assuming they did a controlled fitness assessment for each and every sport both on and off the field. And that's how it should be done. But the person being tested matters just as much as a good assessment. Is that person skilled or unskilled at a particular sport? If the person is unskilled, they will exert more energy during testing because they are not fluid and efficient at the particular movements and skills required. Those will skew results to a noticeable measure, even making the test invalid.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Come on folks now think!!!!

Coming to ya yet???

[FONT] [/FONT]
    "DRINKING"

When you have slammed back that 24 pack or 3/4th's of a bottle of Crown and find yourself face down on the ground, this requires all the metal skills, emotional skill, psychological skill and motor skills you have ever acquired.

Drinking is the most difficult sport of all time.

Remember how much practice went into learning how to drink. The skinned elbows and knees, the lumps and bumps to the head. Those nights of praying to the porcelain god! Not to mention those embarrassing moments and friend that never spoke to you again!

All that training that took place just so you could fall smoothly and with class, not damaging property or yourself; just so you could use all your learned skills to get back on your feet and do it all over again!!!!

Yes - DRINKING is the most difficult sport!!!

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Come on folks now think!!!!

Coming to ya yet???

"DRINKING"

When you have slammed back that 24 pack or 3/4th's of a bottle of Crown and find yourself face down on the ground, this requires all the metal skills, emotional skill, psychological skill and motor skills you have ever acquired.

Drinking is the most difficult sport of all time.

Remember how much practice went into learning how to drink. The skinned elbows and knees, the lumps and bumps to the head. Those nights of praying to the porcelain god! Not to mention those embarrassing moments and friend that never spoke to you again!

All that training that took place just so you could fall smoothly and with class, not damaging property or yourself; just so you could use all your learned skills to get back on your feet and do it all over again!!!!

Yes - DRINKING is the most difficult sport!!!

Folks, Mo has a very valid point here.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    They ranked auto racing with incredibly low speed and agility rankings ... I would rank the reflexes of a world class F1 or WRC driver with damn near anyone. It's certainly more mentally challenging than baseball, and I played that for 13 years. It has the same rankings as GOLF! ... Seriously?

Let's see Tiger Woods barnstorm Finland's ice roads in a 350 BHP Turbocharged WRC car at over 120 MPH where a mere inch separates you from a solid embankment and a forest. Let's see him tree John Force whilst manning the fasted accelerating vehicle on Earth. Let's see him run for a 2 hour leg of LeMans in a closed wheel C6R.

I'll agree with shooting, it's not a very physical sport. It's mostly just technique and skills.

And let's see a pro-racer hang with Tiger at the Master's. That's a two way street. Just because an athlete couldn't preform competitively in another sport doesn't mean their own sport is less difficult.

Which sport of these two sports do you think takes more time, effort, and practice to become a world class competitor in?

Top Bottom