ARJ Defense ad

And THIS is What Firearms Liscensing and Registrations Gets You....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Not yet, but do you really think all legal gun purchases are not compiled into a data bank somewhere?
    When you buy any gun in a store, there is a background check, where do you think this data goes?

I have a CHL so there is no background check when I buy from a FFL. It doesn't go through NICS.

When I buy from a private party that's the same case.
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Anyone who suffers a personal loss may have trouble adjusting. Counseling can be a big help. My concern is that folks to need help getting their lives back on track could be targeted for loss of Foid or CHL certification.

I had one of the first FOID cards ever issued just after the regulations were passed. Can you imagine the PITA that results from needing a FOID to purchase a box of .22 rounds? Been there.

On a similar note, I've posted often about being around for the original Gun Control Act of 1968. You had to produce ID and sign a log book for any ammo purchase! If you bought a brick of .22LR, you signed ten times (no "ditto" marks allowed). That was phased out pretty quickly but the original 1968 bill required that. We actually have it a LOT better today!

Flash

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sheriff’s team working to seize guns from thousands in Illinois | Fox News

Before anyone flames me saying that I support the mentally unstable's right to bear arms, I do not. However this is kinda scary, and were it to happen one by one on a larger scale........

..................???????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not just the mentally unstable. Just being in the care of a psychiatric hospital is a disqualifier. Mental health workers are also required to report to the State of IL so the information can be used for revocation purposes.

Ahh, who cares about due process anyhow, right?

Top Bottom