• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The entire country is receiving some sort of government assistance.

The only assistance I've gotten recently was that the "Forever" postage stamp probably did not actually cover the cost of getting my very large 1/15/19 1040-ES quarterly IRS check (US Treasury contribution?) to the appropriate location in Kentucky but they, nevertheless, got it there efficiently as evidenced by how quickly the money was sucked from my Chase account during the shutdown!!!.
    Lynx Defense

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Democrat! Nuf said.

This typifies what has become the tragedy of out 2 party system.

US District 28 Rep. Cuellar was born there.
    Raised there.
    Represents the needs of the residents there.

Yet, it's asserted:
    GOP= good
    Dem= bad

This perverted system is just missing the actuality that generally GOP leaders and Dem leaders agree on most core issues.

Just most unfortunate that so many of us expect our leaders to retreat to the extreme corners.
    Most Americans and most leaders are squarely in the center of the ring.

And, yes, the media benefits by the tragic sophism of appealing to those extremes.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Just listened to in interesting and detailed interview with Henry Quellar.
    US House of Representatives District 28 that surrounds Laredo. He's from Laredo.

The gist of his discussion was that the Texas border in his district is not really in need of much more in the way of a physical border barrier.

His observation was that almost all the problems the US is encountering are occurring at the legal ports of entry, rather that crossing the river at inadequately secured locations. Improving the physical barrier is a needed but secondary priority.

He is a proponent for vastly improving the ports of entry with more personnel, with high tech drug and materials screening and with better legal operations and more efficient human processing of those seeking entry.

More that anyone else I've heard interviewed in recent months he should be best equipped to know our Texas borders needs. He pretty clearly feels no wall is needed but had tremendous insight into the realistic and evidence based needs.

HKShooter,

There is a single pair of words that aptly/fully describe Henry Quellar: KNOWING LIAR.

He KNOWS the TRUTH about how many hundred smugglers, child-trafficers, gang members, drug-runners & other criminals cross the Rio Grande EVERY WEEK & CHOOSES TO LIE about that subject.
    (Have you ever worked the Texas/Mexico border as a LEO? - Fyi, I spent nearly six years there as the Security Officer for the TXAGO & as the Deputy CDR of USACIDC in that district out of FT. Bliss.)

yours, satx

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    US House of Representatives District 28 that surrounds Laredo. He's from Laredo.

The gist of his discussion was that the Texas border in his district is not really in need of much more in the way of a physical border barrier.

His observation was that almost all the problems the US is encountering are occurring at the legal ports of entry, rather that crossing the river at inadequately secured locations. Improving the physical barrier is a needed but secondary priority.

He is a proponent for vastly improving the ports of entry with more personnel, with high tech drug and materials screening and with better legal operations and more efficient human processing of those seeking entry.

More that anyone else I've heard interviewed in recent months he should be best equipped to know our Texas borders needs. He pretty clearly feels no wall is needed but had tremendous insight into the realistic and evidence based needs.

Let me guess, henry quellar is a hispanic democrap. Is my guess correct?

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Homeless Child USED.jpeg

Attachments

• Homeless Child USED.jpeg
      Homeless Child USED.jpeg
      166.2 KB · Views: 182

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    This typifies what has become the tragedy of out 2 party system.

US District 28 Rep. Cuellar was born there.
    Raised there.
    Represents the needs of the residents there.

Yet, it's asserted:
    GOP= good
    Dem= bad

This perverted system is just missing the actuality that generally GOP leaders and Dem leaders agree on most core issues.

Just most unfortunate that so many of us expect our leaders to retreat to the extreme corners.
    Most Americans and most leaders are squarely in the center of the ring.

And, yes, the media benefits by the tragic sophism of appealing to those extremes.

It's not that we expect them to retreat to extreme corners, but that's the cold reality. Although I will say Cuellar is somewhat the exception. Not at all surprised that he downplays the significance of a barrier given his affiliation. Although he is a moderate.....some say conservative by today's standards....democrat and one of a dying breed. He's voted with Trump 70% of the time from what I've read, which is a mortal sin per the democrat hierarchy.

HOWEVER....the latest is that Cuellar is being targeted.....not by the GOP.....but by the new democrats for a primary challenge since he doesn't measure up to the latest Marxist push to the extreme left by the moonbats and is seen as a liability in congress. Talk about retreating to the extreme corner.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

I guess you haven't listened to all the border ranchers interviewed over the years. They have a completely different story. I'll trust what they have to say over some slimy politician.

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    I guess you haven't listened to all the border ranchers interviewed over the years. They have a completely different story. I'll trust what they have to say over some slimy politician.

Just wait for when the government comes to take their land for the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There is no predetermined number of dollars that will solve our border issues.

I still think Trump should say "I want 3 billion from congress for enhancement, improvement and embellishment of our southern physical border and expect me to ask for another 3 billion in January 2020 if needed"

Better to be the compromiser than be painted as a caver.
    Eliminate the "wall" term altogether for heaven's sake. It's tainted badly.

It would be win/win for all.

Trump made multiple attempts to compromise and strike a deal. Lowering the amount, offering up DACA extensions, etc. The Dems said no before they even heard the offer.

So who’s unwilling to compromise?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let’s get some trebuchets while we’re at it. Wait, not thinking big enough, since money (ours) is no object, how about a moat with crocs and snakes.

Trebuchets would be a lot cheaper than planes or busses when it comes time to deport criminals.

Good idea.

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    It’s also working extremely well in Israel.

The issue is not whether a wall will work. Obviously, a 2000 mile hundred foot high wall to a depth of 50 feet with no openings will keep everyone out. The question is whether it is the most efficient and effective way to handle the job or is it just throwing money at a problem because the president made a campaign promise that it would get done. Since the Mexicans are not paying for it, it’s your tax dollars; don’t you care how they are spent?

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The issue is not whether a wall will work. Obviously, a 2000 mile hundred foot high wall to a depth of 50 feet with no openings will keep everyone out. The question is whether it is the most efficient and effective way to handle the job or is it just throwing money at a problem because the president made a campaign promise that it would get done. Since the Mexicans are not paying for it, it’s your tax dollars; don’t you care how they are spent?

Really, you ask that question now? The US Govt. Is in debt trillions of dollars. We want money on pet projects by each congressman. We build mosques in the Middle East with State Dept grants. The govt has NEVER done anything the most effective and efficient way. Example - ACA.

The left is only willing to "detect" illegal crossings, they do not want to stop it. How many illegals in this country is acceptable to you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Top Bottom