And Yet One More Shortage - Spray Paint?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I needed some spray paint so I dropped by Lowes in Tyler. About 70% of the shelves were empty with no upstock on the higher shelves. On the way home I stopped by the Walmart Superstore on S. Broadway and found the shelves about 40% empty.

Either there was dome kind of graffiti festival this past weekend or Krylon, Rustoleum and Valspar employees are all down with the Biden Blues.
    ARJ Defense ad

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Liberals been buying it up and sniffing it?

1631737504731.png

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had read about the price increases and was at Lowes last weekend. Gallon paint seemed to be about 30% higher than normal. Struggled to find a quart of generic white exterior paint for $10 since most were around $20.

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    I had read about the price increases and was at Lowes last weekend. Gallon paint seemed to be about 30% higher than normal. Struggled to find a quart of generic white exterior paint for $10 since most were around $20.
    Joeflation.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The reasoning I've been hearing is the chem plants that produce raw materials didn't come through the freeze very well, coupled with increased demand this year due to remodel / rehab projects (some also in response to repairs from the freeze). Then add in covid/gov't related worker shortages. Sherwin Williams stores just put in purchase orders and hope something shows up on the truck.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I needed some spray paint so I dropped by Lowes in Tyler. About 70% of the shelves were empty with no upstock on the higher shelves. On the way home I stopped by the Walmart Superstore on S. Broadway and found the shelves about 40% empty.

Either there was dome kind of graffiti festival this past weekend or Krylon, Rustoleum and Valspar employees are all down with the Biden Blues.
    Lowe's and Home Depot in Longview is completely stocked with spray paint, as well as Wally World and Ace Hardware. Seems you might be taking a trip here if ya need paint.

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Lowe's and Home Depot in Longview is completely stocked with spray paint, as well as Wally World and Ace Hardware. Seems you might be taking a trip here if ya need paint.
    Not anymore! I bought it all and will be selling it under a pop up tent off of the side of the road for 3X. Just look for the spray painted cardboard sign.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The reasoning I've been hearing is the chem plants that produce raw materials didn't come through the freeze very well, coupled with increased demand this year due to remodel / rehab projects (some also in response to repairs from the freeze). Then add in covid/gov't related worker shortages. Sherwin Williams stores just put in purchase orders and hope something shows up on the truck.
    A handful of chemical plant fires this year, too...

This isn't about paint, but might as well go here.
    1632207464087.png

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I haven't noticed empty shelves here. A little thinner than normal but nothing worth noting.

Guess I need to buy it all to beat the shortage......

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Drove around last Saturday searching for electrical supplies to wire a building.

Found one roll of wire, weathertite receptacle covers but no switch covers, no conduit, only one LB, $106 for a double 20a GFCI breaker and so on.

Joe needs to go back to his damn basement.

WarBaby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    DFW, TX
    There is a huge supply chain problem. Thats what happens when you outsource all of your manufacturing to third world shit holes. Can we even make a paperclip in this country anymore? Its pathetic. We used to make everything, and I mean everything here - now we make lattes and mocha frappucinos, with global and domestic parts, no doubt.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The reasoning I've been hearing...
    I believe that there must be a cottage industry of coming up with "the reasoning". How do we get in on that?
    My favorite is still the go-to of all businesses: "Due to the unprecedented nature of the pandemic..."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom