Angel, time to say goodbye

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
IMAG0505.jpg

She's lying in her bed beside my loading bench, just like always.
15 years old. Arthritis has taken it's toll. Her breathing is labored.
She lost one eye in '07 and has glaucoma in the remaining one.
She's all but deaf. Only finds her way around by smell and bumps into anything in her path.
She has a herniated disc in her back. She's been lost in the woods for days, run over once.
It's time. Me and my oldest daughter will take her to the vet at 4:30 today for euthanasia.
Then we'll all go to the farm and bury her.

Good bye baby. Daddy loves you.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
That's always tough to do, but sometimes, you just don't have a choice. I'm sorry for you though.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Sep 9, 2012
Cibolo, TX
Never something you want to do, but she wont be in pain any longer.
I half joke with my wife that when our oldest dog goes, he is 13 now, that I am going to permapet him and keep him in the living room.

karlac

Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2013
WestU, TX
So very sorry to hear that. I've got one next to me right now that I sincerely hope outlives me. Tough as I used to think I was, I'm now a confessed wuss when it comes to these little creatures that take up so much room in your heart.

Thoughts and prayers for the little one, and those left behind. Let her go gently, amigo.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
That would be a five beer day for me. Done that a couple times before, always sucks.

Married on October 23, gave my wife a pup for her birthday on Nov 12. Her first gift from me. He got a tumor wrapped around his intestines and we had to put him down about 5 years later.

Had to put down two labs (litter mates) within a month of each other.

Those are just awful days. Hope tomorrow is better bud.

Top Bottom