• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Those polls are pointless. The results are not scientific, and nobody uses them. They're just a way to get more clicks at the site.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Those polls are pointless. The results are not scientific, and nobody uses them. They're just a way to get more clicks at the site.
    No, the polls are purposeful push polls and WERE used to convince legislators last year.

Representatives were convinced the poll results were valid and you see we do not have campus carry do we?

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Yep, the only difference polls make is how many advertisers there are on a sight.
    and whether you can carry a gun on campus.

You guys must have missed the hearings and testimony I was at last legislative session, the committee members even asked about poll results.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    guys, if you don't want to vote, then don't ... same for the 2012 elections.

Your attitude that polls don't matter is sadly mistaken.

When I was at the hearings, I saw that politicians ears perk pup at the word "poll"

It's built in on them

Yes the polls are biased "push polls"

Most polls are biased in their wording such as

"Would you want kids bringing guns to school"

instead of

"Would you prefer to keep the status quo of providing easy access to guns on campus for criminals by forcing law abiding licensees to store them in cars for the vehicle burglars to steal and use in other crimes later." Vehicle burglaries are increasing at alarming rates on campus "gun farms" but not in WalMart Parking lots.

The legislators weren't informed of the wording in the 3 minutes of each person testifying, only that 98% opposed

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Umm it's rigged I clicked yes but it counted as no.
    It "seems" that way, but they switch colors and positions on you after clicking

yours counted as a yes, but blue tuns green green turns blue etc ... it's actually working, but yes they tried to confuse people

but I saw it go from 52% yes to 53% yes and 1 more vote on the total

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    "IANL = I AM NO LAWYER"

Glad you told us what that means or I would have thought you meant something else. I am even more glad you didn't use an acronym for "I Am Not A Lawyer"

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    "IANL = I AM NO LAWYER"

Glad you told us what that means or I would have thought you meant something else. I am even more glad you didn't use an acronym for "I Am Not A Lawyer"

ROTFL
    Well I say I'm a "collector" my niece says I'm a hoarder ... perhaps I am a little "A____ retentive" I do own guns I never shot, carried or used .... just hate to part with them

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    ROTFL
    Well I say I'm a "collector" my niece says I'm a hoarder ... perhaps I am a little "A____ retentive" I do own guns I never shot, carried or used .... just hate to part with them

And there ain't nothing wrong with that. Glad my attempt at humor didn't offend.

Top Bottom