• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    No, it just replaces your bolt. You remove your bolt and replace it with this one. It is built in such a way that it also acts as a chamber for the round. Since it's basically the same caliber, you can plink for very little money. The upside is that you are plinking with your AR-15, so all your controls and skills transfer.....you are just doing it for very little money. My kit (some German made one, it was $180) came with a horrible magazine, so I bought a nice Brownells. It's (the Brownell's) just like your standard AR mag, but it only takes .22LR.

I wish I could give you a review, but I have not used it yet. I was talking to a guy that had bought one at the store I was in and loved his. He is the one that recommended the Brownell's magazine........and I understood why once I opened the conversion.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check the links when I am at home. Can only get to texas gun talk at my kindergarten, SNiper's hide, ar15, texas hunting forum, and the gun auction site are all blocked here.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm a novice, so don't take what I say as absolute.

I don't think you would get any benefit from a bull barrel since you only plan to shoot 20-50 rounds a year (per your earlier post). If you were a competition shooter, you may benefit from a bull barrel in a competition (it has the ability to absorb more heat from heavy shooting due to it's increased mass). Some of the bull barrels are custom barrels vs. the standard production barrels, which could increase accuracy. But, for shooting 20-50 rounds a year, I think you would be well served with any decent production brand of rifle and barrel.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    The complete Model 1 20 inch A2 upper was selling for $530 more or less at the Market Hall show today. I ordered an upper Nov 5th and the company i ordered it from is out of stock and there may be a 3 to 6 month wait for one. If you have the means a gun show will be the quickest way to buy, if they are in stock.

Oh how I long for that day at Market Hall I bought a new stainless Ruger Mini 14 for $300. A green box Colt AR was $425. Damn my cheap Scottish blood. :>)

Top Bottom