Capitol Armory ad

Another Bill of Sale Thread( With a Twist)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    They did not. Almost all legislation is written by a lawyer; their choice of words is specific.

Commercial sale, to a lawyer, means: “for a given product and country the sale for value of that product by a Party (or, as the case may be, by an Affiliate or permitted sublicensee of a Party), to a Third Party after regulatory approval (if necessary) has been obtained for such product in such country. “

Party means a person or entity involved in an agreement.

But a lot of legislation starts off with a list of definitions so that the intent is very clear. Without seeing if this bill has a a specific definition for “commercial sales” it’s very hard to determine if this applies to individuals or if it’s a nothing burger designed to pacify the leftists while doing nothing. Could honestly go either way and hard to tell off of just this page.
    Guns International

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Nothing they come up will will improve the safety or rights of the American Citizen.

Nothing.............

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What a load of shit!!

Seems to me they are trying to appease the inner Fudd of those out there who are too scared to sell FTF to a stranger anyway (you know..the BOS crowd), but still want to be able to sell to a family member or neighbor.

Last edited:

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    What is a "commercial seller" of firearms that is not a FFL?
    Maybe something to do with interstate commerce.

All interstate transfers must go thru an FFL even if it's a PPT.

Two friendly gun loving Texas citizens conducting a gun transfer being called a commercial transaction??? Maybe that's what they intend.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Maybe something to do with interstate commerce.

All interstate transfers must go thru an FFL even if it's a PPT.

Two friendly gun loving Texas citizens conducting a gun transfer being called a commercial transaction??? Maybe that's what they intend.

To me, the word "advertised" in commercial sales makes me think they are going after classifieds listings of any type. Calling any sale listed anywhere a commercial sale, including a sign on your back at a gun show.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    When what ever plan they come up with doesn't work.....and it won't..........

I'll bet they will say they didn't go far enough.............

Anyone want to take that bet?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Historically that's been the justification for their oppression. But there is no way to spin an interaction between 2 Texans as "interstate". If this is the beginning of the reset, then so be it.
    "If they hadn't bought it from someone in Texas, then they might have bought it from a company that does business across state lines, so the 14th amendment makes it federal jurisdiction."

That's how they twist it for other stuff.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Historically that's been the justification for their oppression. But there is no way to spin an interaction between 2 Texans as "interstate". If this is the beginning of the reset, then so be it.
    Not what I meant. Texan to Texan could ever be interstate. But since it's not, and dosent require an FFL maybe they are inventing new terms to apply like " commercial non FFL transactions"

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pulled this from another site.

If that is original work from someone on that other site, you need to stop going there.

The author isn’t ignorant, they’re stupid and have no real command of the English language, much less the subject of regulated and unregulated firearm transfers.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If that is original work from someone on that other site, you need to stop going there.

The author isn’t ignorant, they’re stupid and have no real command of the English language, much less the subject of regulated and unregulated firearm transfers.

According to Toomey and others, the author is Barr.

Toomey, a lead Republican negotiator on expanding background checks, told reporters Wednesday that Barr, not the White House, drafted the memo.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...loats-background-check-proposal-to-senate-gop

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Some insight from the above quoted link:
    The memo, titled, “Idea for New Unlicensed-Commercial-Sale Background Checks,” proposes expanding background checks to all advertised commercial sales, including sales at guns shows, along the lines of the Manchin-Toomey proposal.

The question I have now, based on the above, is what the heck is the defination of an advertised commercial sale? I am guessing, and I stress guessing, that they would include Texas Gun Trader and our own forum classified listings that result in sales.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That is a memo being circulated by the DOJ

Reported to be circulating or confirmed? I would like to think DOJ understands the Privacy Act issues created in that piece of writing.

OTOH, it would not be surprising if that’s a political appointee talking points or pitch points. That’s literally how retarded the content is.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    there is no way to spin an interaction between 2 Texans as "interstate".
    I wish that were true, but it's already been spun that even making something for your own consumption is interstate commerce.

If this is the beginning of the reset, then so be it.
    LeftGorgeousFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• LeftGorgeousFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif
      LeftGorgeousFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif
      3 MB · Views: 384
    Top Bottom