APOD Firearms

Another FNG, Californian, Soon To Be Refugee.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    As long as you never forget the policies that brought you here and vote against those same policies here, you're most.... WELCOME!
    Hard to forget the terrible policies and their impact on me and my family's lives. Especially my 4 young children.

I've voted against them in CA (though folks like myself were outnumbered 3:1) and will always vote against them, regardless of where I live.

Thanks for the welcome, all. Again, sorry for adding to changing landscape of Texas.
    Texas SOT

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Welcome to Texas. A few tips on concealing your past history. Our road names don't start with "the." We say y'all, and all y'all if there's a bunch of you. BBQ is a staple and many of us smoke our own. Don't ever touch another man's hat, it's rude. If somebody wave's at you on the road, it doesn't mean they are in trouble. They are just being polite.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Welcome to Texas. A few tips on concealing your past history. Our road names don't start with "the." We say y'all, and all y'all if there's a bunch of you. BBQ is a staple and many of us smoke our own. Don't ever touch another man's hat, it's rude. If somebody wave's at you on the road, it doesn't mean they are in trouble. They are just being polite.
    Thanks for the inside info! I'm bringing my Lonestargrillz offset smoker with me. Been using it 2-4 times a month, since I got it. No post oak over here so I settled with white oak.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Thank you all. I'll be sure to do my part on maintaining the liberties, freedom and God-given rights, wherever I land. I've been living under the boot or rather, the birkenstock of tyrants for far too long and would never wish that on another.

However... I cannot promise that I won't seek out and enjoy a tri-tip, on occasion.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Welcome from another CA refugee. My wife & I moved here a little over a decade ago and had two native born kids. I have no intention of leaving the state if I can help it. I do see leaving the Houston area in a few years though.

Welcome.

Protip: It's "Loop 410" or usually just "410." It's also "Interstate 35" or usually just "35." It's never "the 410" or "the 35." Screwing that one up is the quickest way to blow your cover.

Even more precisely, that is a dead giveaway somebody is from Southern California. Hwy 101 turns into "The 101" somewhere just north of Santa Barbara.

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    Whelp, I made the drive to New Braunfels last week. Towed the boat for 31 hours to a storage facility and got to meet my new hometown for a few days. Luckily, it was mid 80s for the days we explored. Canyon Lake is as beautiful as I hoped it would be and my children are going to love it there.

I did have one gripe though... There was a bar in Gruene that definitely watered down my double shot of bourbon.

The Jägerschnitzel at the Alpine Hause was incredible and I can't wait to go back for more.

I'll see you again in June, Texas! My Kaliforniastan house goes up for sale next month and as soon as my babies finish the school year, we're outta here! God bless Texas!

Top Bottom