Another Newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Micro.Foosa.Cub, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Micro.Foosa.Cub

Micro.Foosa.Cub Member

Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    I know most people grunt and groan over 'another newbie'..... and to some degree, I understand. But you guys seem like a nice enough group, so I shall lurk no longer.

My name's Tiffany, and I'm in the Spring area (about 7-8 miles from Carter's).

Now when I say newbie, I mean it. Just got my first gun for target shooting - a .22 Beretta Neos. (Yeah, the one that looks like a really cheesy sci-fi prop. I call it my 'ray gun'.) I'm liking the HK USP .40, but my bank account would appreciate it if I took my time with the .22 to establish some good habits. ;)
    Plus, you just can't lose for 500 rounds for $20ish. :p

So, if you see me at Carters, I'll be the short little fireplug with the ray gun and pink hearing protection - please do stop me if you see me doing something stupid! :rofl:

2. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Welcome!

Even with all the calibers I have, I almost picked up one of those Neos at the last gun show, so don't sweat that at all!

:D

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hiya Tiffany, welcome aboard. :cool:

4. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    howdy and welcome young lady , its always good to see young ladies here.
    So post up and enjoy

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hi Tiffany, welcome to the forum. Smart move starting with your ray gun...err, the .22. Excellent caliber to learn and practice good technique. You'll get your HK soon enough :)

6. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    welcome Tiffany, we were all newbees at one time so just relax and enjoy the site. ask questions and learn, that is what we are all doing here.:rolleyes:

7. LHB1

LHB1 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Hi, Tiffany. Welcome to the forum. I shoot at Carter's at least twice a week on the 22/25 (?) yd line. Just a little old guy enjoying some target practice with the two tone Wilson 1911, a brass catcher net, and a green range bag. Stop by and say hello. SpringMom shoots there too and is also a member here.

8. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.Considering any rifles or just pistols?:smoker:

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Where do you go to school.I just graduated from UTEP two years ago.The Army GI bill paid for my education.:D

10. Micro.Foosa.Cub

Micro.Foosa.Cub Member

Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :D

Oh, and Mac: Just pistols for now, but give it time... I'll come around to it, I'm sure. I like anything that'll make a big bang and put a hole in something. :cool:
    Also, I'm knocking out my pre-requisites at North Harris. (Lonestar, now... seems the new name is more 'marketable')