Another Successful and Safe Gun Free Zone! Ft. Hood!

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by SC-Texas, Nov 5, 2009.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Fort Hood is a gun free Zone!

I will not go on Fort Hood or other military installations because deny me the right to protect myself by carrying my Gock concelaed.

Many may not know that Fort Hood and all military installations are gun free zones. No soldier of citizen is allowed to carry a concealed handgun on post.

The reasoning is to make it safer.

As is normal for a gun free zone, it becomes a prime target for a massacre.

History shows us that massacres and mass killings never happen in Police stations, gun stores or other places where everyone is armed. The mass killings always seem to occur in the false safety of a gun free zone.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Safe to feel like a helpless puss. Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.

3. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    That in itself is a profound statement DC.
    Take a cookie from the jar!:happy0001:
    And don't drink to cool aid!!!

4. Baba Brad

Baba Brad New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Spring, TX
    Unfortunately not all of us have that option, if we want to keep our jobs, If I'm working Stateside, chances are I'm on a Military base (I was on Killeen this past Mon/Tue and heading to Ft Sill this Sunday)(It I'm out of country, I'm in Africa. Try taking a handgun there!). I could try check my gun, but no guarantee that it would arrive safe. I work for an airline and don't trust airlines.

So, I practice situational awareness. At home, play and especially at work when I can not control my surroundings.

5. KellyAsh

KellyAsh Active Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    All of us do have that option. The question is which is more important? Physical security or financial security?

6. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    You do have that option. It merely has costs that are higher than you are willing to pay to exercise it.

the fact is that these massacres don't happen at police stations or gunshops.

7. SouthTex

SouthTex New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    You do bring up an interesting point ...

8. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/08/virginia.shooting/index.html Officer slain in Virginia police station shooting

I had to google one :happy0001:... why is it all these shootings linked to Virginia... we got Virginia Tech, Hasaan from Va, and this one I googled...

reality yes, alot of the people are targeting largely "gun free zones" and alot are killing themselves when confronted by the first armed respondent.

9. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    They happen, they just don't last as long.

10. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    For the 5 years I was active duty, my firearms sat in the arms room locked in my cases. If I got a chance to go the MWR range once or twice a year it was lucky. If you live off post you can generally keep them in a safe, in your house or apartment. Tons of rules for on base housing outside of the barracks as well. After I got out, it was strange getting into shooting regularily again. But once I got back into it, I could'nt believe how much I missed it.