At the cost per round of 50 BMG, I think I would just stick with an AR15

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I will admit, that does look like fun. Pricey fun, but what the hell. Nothing is free!
    Once the pedestal mount is bolted in your committed. You own the truck, the gun most, likely the property ammo is a moot point.

Tell me if someone you knew said lets go blasting hogs at night wile driving with my Ma Duce you wouldn't be buying a belted can or two?

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    No doubt it would be a hoot to try. So would helihunting.

Even if I could, I don't know where I would be happy with down range safety and shooting a .50 BMG like that. I am not suggesting they are being unsafe, but most of the places I hunt simply would not be suitable, especially using tracers.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Once the pedestal mount is bolted in your committed. You own the truck, the gun most, likely the property ammo is a moot point.

Tell me if someone you knew said lets go blasting hogs at night wile driving with my Ma Duce you wouldn't be buying a belted can or two?
    Hard to say. The tight wad is strong in me.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hard to say. The tight wad is strong in me.
    Not sure if your an old Geezer like me, but I can honestly say start working your bucket list while your young. Many of our futures has no place for them.

A tight wad is a good thing. I worked as much O.T. on the job as I could. I pretty much always had a side job. Had one that last 23 years & bought much of what the tight wad in me couldn't afford.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice I am thinking possibly $300 a hour in ammo.
    Ma Duces cycle rate is like 450 - 600 rpm, so the good times would be 4- 6 cans per hour @$2.99 per round.

Like I tell first time people shooting my MP5K put the camera away a 3 second smile makers.

I have done it in a Polaris Razor with a Benelli SBE & M4. A whole lot worrisome in regards to bullets really flying around.
    Little disappointed he's not yelling get some with every burst.
    That be a M60,

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    But he was shooting tracers and started some small fires. Not very smart but looked like a lot of fun. Don't know where he was but lots of hogs.

Top Bottom