Guns International

Anti-gun movement and misdirection - they take direct action.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just a heads-up, kind of a warning for y'all here. Be careful which groups you give support to. Some are effective, others just like to collect money, and yet others are Trojan horse groups that are actually run by anti-gunners and are trying to split our movement. Divide and conquer, and I've seen it work against us.

I'm going to remind you really quick that now isn't the time for a divided front. Now is the time to dig our heels in and say "no more!", no matter how much the other side asks us to be "reasonable" and to "compromise" or how small the infringement may seem at the moment. Our civil rights are at stake here, this is important. Likewise, there is no real and honest conversation about how much more to surrender. Again, these are civil rights, and it's madness to discuss trading them away for some false sense of security.

What's happening is that fake groups are being formed and pushed as representing us. This has a few effects, mostly that media and politicians can get all moist and say "look, gun owners do support infringements" and that it will fool some among us, causing them to throw others under the bus. I've seen the hunters throw black rifle folks under the bus, and the collectors throw the HD/concealed handgun owners under the bus. Thankfully, every shooter in Texas seems to like all guns, so that doesn't seem to be a huge danger here. ;)

Back in '05, a "group" was started by Brady supporters called the "American Hunters and Shooters Association". Thankfully, they seem to have finally thrown in the towel. That was my first experience with this kind of attack, but we all know gun control advocates are great at simply beating their heads against the same wall over and over, thinking that it'll work this time for sure.

Of course, a new group (Facebook page at that link; it doesn't seem this guy has a website even) has popped up on the radar. All the same hallmarks are there. They try to talk the talk, but if you listen close you'll notice they're actually antigun, and they spend more of their time talking down legitimate and effective organizations and people than they do anything else.

The moral of the story here is be careful who you support. Read between the lines and try to get to know who's really behind the group. If it's some group run by anonymous people (ARA posts are signed "Gary B." from Houston), it's probably a troll. If they are putting their names out there, Google their names to see what they're associated with. That's how we found out about AHSA back in '05. Real pro-gun advocates will not hide behind an anonymous front - we're in it lives, fortunes and sacred honor. Real pro-gun advocates won't have names associated with organizing and/or participation in anti-gun groups.
    Capitol Armory ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Checked the ARA page out. They are very carefully vague about what it is they stand for, which should be a major red flag. They also use a lot of liberal newspeak terms regarding the "gun lobby" and the evil gun manufacturers...yeah I figure they're a sham.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Checked the ARA page out. They are very carefully vague about what it is they stand for, which should be a major red flag. They also use a lot of liberal newspeak terms regarding the "gun lobby" and the evil gun manufacturers...yeah I figure they're a sham.

The only organization I support is the NRA. Most of those Facebook only organizations are all talk.

Both are accurate and correct.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    schizo.jpg

And here we see the caliber of their supporters. This is either the dumbest internet exchange I've seen between two gun owners (and that says a LOT), or these are two agent provocateurs.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Funny I just tried to post asking them to prove the fact that they are pro-2a because I suspect them of being another American Hunters and Shooter's Association. It didn't post, or possibly get approved.... We'll see

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Funny I just tried to post asking them to prove the fact that they are pro-2a because I suspect them of being another American Hunters and Shooter's Association. It didn't post, or possibly get approved.... We'll see

I flat out called them frauds and gave a link to this thread. Mine still hasn't popped up yet either.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    From the site.....

The investigation team has just begun to scratch the surface of the false attack group Firearms Policy Coalition. Who are they, really? Like the NRA, GOA and NAGR they ask for money at every turn. Why do they propose to be for gun owners when in fact are backed by and carrying water for GUN INDUSTRY BUSINESSES?

Looks like another dishonest "Attack" shill group doing the "Special Interests" work while misleading understandably concerned citizens for their own profit.

Open debate and solutions have been our trademark, groups like this want to use intimidation and suppression tactics because they have no answers except, "NO" and "Donate".

Absolutely not a friend to gun owners. Thanks for the heads up......

Top Bottom