• ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    besides me

ugh - what an awful game today....i doubled up on the Landshark Lager to soothe the pain

i think its time to look at another QB, but i dont think the "fine folks" that run that team feel the same way
    Lynx Defense

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I'm a fan, always have been, probably always will be. Today's loss hurt worse than getting blown out as far as I'm concerned. However, you can't turn the ball over 6 times and win a game.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    besides me

ugh - what an awful game today....i doubled up on the Landshark Lager to soothe the pain

i think its time to look at another QB, but i dont think the "fine folks" that run that team feel the same way

I was thinking the same about Romo. But they have offensive line issues, secondary issues, running back issues... They need a overhaul frankly.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i dont think there's an "Andrew Luck" type QB availabe in the draft- but if there was - and i were the GM - i'd do everything i could to get him - and completely overhaul/rebuild that team

rcrecelius

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Rio Vista TX
    I'm not a huge football fan but I've always liked the Cowboys. I have to agree, they need to rebuild. It's sad that my daughter who is almost 7 years old has never known the Cowboys as a winning team
    ;(

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Romo ain't going to cut. I just hope they dont make a play for landry jones.

I think the final quater play calling was bad too.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There are a couple of obnoxious Cowboys fans at work, but all we have to do is say, "Tony Romo", and they hang their heads and their eyes tear up and they just crawl off in shame.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The first half was disappointing but they came out of the locker room with a new attitude after half time. The second half was great and even though they lost, they can me proud of that second half. DULL it was NOT!

Flash

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The first half was disappointing but they came out of the locker room with a new attitude after half time. The second half was great and even though they lost, they can me proud of that second half. DULL it was NOT!

Flash

+1

I don't think Romo is a elite QB by any stretch.

But what makes a QB elite? I think it's the group of players that surround him.

I honestly think that Dez Bryant is Terrell Owens reincarnete.
    TO used to get up after every bonehead play and point fingers and wave for a flag.
    Notice him on the sidelines and everyone avoiding him except Garrett and his responses were "yessir"?
    This dude is a head case looking for a place to explode.

The offensive line is a mess.
    Last play of the game ... Giants rushed 3 and they flush Romo out of the pocket ... really?
    I played a little JuCo O-Line and it's not easy. But c'mon, man!

Felix Jones needs to be forced to carry that damn ball 24/7 till his contract ends.

The "D" looked beter than I thought it has in a while. They were hitting hard and making plays.
    I wish I had access to a Rob Ryan cam ... that guy is a trip. Maybe the next head coach????

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i agree completely that the supporting cast is what makes a QB great - or not great......Tony just makes too many mental errors for me - statistically he's a great QB - but i dont think he has it between the "ears" - to ever win a championship

I think the issue with Dez is one of maturity - and to some degree - where he came from..i dont think he's the mental head case that TO was

i still think the coaching in this game - i.e. playcalling - down the stretch was the main issue. you have a 3d and 1 on the 20 with just under 2 minutes left.........GET THE EFFING FIRST DOWN - then start back towards the end zone.....they had 2 plays to get ONE DAMN YARD and threw the ball long both times.....just baffles the hell out of me

johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    Tony Romo blows. He's not a championship quarterback. He's more of a soccer mom saying "we'll get e'm next time." I hate the Tony Romo fans who quote what he's done on paper. He needs to go.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    homeofthegiants.jpg

Go Texans!!

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Haven't been a big Cowboy fan since Landry was coach (damn I'm old) but I must say they got screwed Sunday by a rule that I have a hard time understanding. Yes I saw the replay and yes Dez Bryant's fingers were on the white back of end zone line but.......someone explain this. A player can go flying to the corner of the end zone and his body is out of bounds but YET if the ball breaks the plane......it's a touchdown. His whole damn body is going to hit the ground out of bounds in a milisecond but touchdown because the ball broke the plane before his body hit the ground out of bounds.....CORRECT??

Now Dez Bryant clearly catches the ball, way up in the air, clearly has control and has he not broken the plane before his fingers went out of bounds. Why is it a TD at the corner but not in the middle of end zone??

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    you guys are barking up the wrong tree. I don't care if your friggen Jesus, a QB isn't going to be successfull in a Garrett run offense. It ALL boils down to him.

Think about it. Jason was hired before Wade, Wade was forced to take him. They used the system in place (thank you Parcells) to go 13-3. Then in the playoffs they abandoned that system, and went with Garrett's. They lost. Fast forward Wade becomes the defensive head coach, Garrett the offensive head coach. The Dallas D is fantastic, the offense struggles. Seems to be one thing or the other. Always underperforming, undiciplined. Fast forward to 2010. For some dang reason everyone is blaming wade. But ignoring Garrett. After all Wade's defense is a perennial top ranked D. Garrett's offense seems unprepared, undiciplined and UNDERPERFORMING.

Then the unthinkable happens they go 1 and 4 (or something like that) losing games without giving up touchdowns. Then the offensive genious coach's moron of the half back blows a blocking assignment, and Romo is out. The odd thing is the blame the guy on the other side of the ball. Wade. sure they gave up on him, but who wouldn't your star QB is out you're 1 and god knows what, and the guy who can't coach is suddenly the Messiah. You know the same guy who can't seem to get his offense to snap the ball 10 times in a row without a penalty, his WR's can't learn the system, and running back problems.

Amazingly Garrett gets off with a promotion, and the guy who's side of the ball actually showed up to play, get canned.

Now Garrett is 2 seasons in as full blown head coach, amazing players like Roy Williams (offense), Marion the Barbarian, the offensive line suddenly sucks and we're stuck watching Romo run for his life, being forced to throw the ball 30-50 times, where Receivers still don't know wher to go, penalties galor, and every time a wide receive has a little space I pucker up waiting for a turnover.

But still he's the chosen one, the next Landry, we just need to be patient, he's just been coach for 2 years, (like he had nothing to do with the floundering last 5). And yet, our defense still keeps kicking a and taking names.

This so called greatest thing since sliced bread, can't even coach his wide receivers to hold the ball, what makes me think he'll ever be able to coach them to put a drive together...

They'll NEVER be good as long as Garrett is coach. The Dallas Effin Cowboys isn't a team for some cupcake New head coach that has been trying to make a hybrid west coast offense work. Like Gruden said after we made Cutler look good. I remember the Cowboys where they had Nate Newton, Stepnoski, Larry allen, where they'd just shove the Ball down your throat. I don't know what the truck I'm watching now.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    A player breaking the plane has to establish himself inbounds with possession of the ball, Bryant had not. No different than many other passes where the players step out the back of the end zone. It was a heart break moment, but the correct call.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom