• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thinking of ordering from them but noticed they charge before they ship. Anybody used them before?
    Gun Zone Deals

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Yes I have, they were very good for a while but they had some problems filling orders. Haven't heard any complaints in the last couple months so they might have got that figured out. I never had problems with their ammo and bought a few thousand problems without issue. Only thing is I would call to see if they have what you need in stock. I think a couple former owners split off and formed freedom ammunition if you have trouble with usa ammo.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for the input, went with Freedommunitions.com, not sure of their affiliation with Freedom Ammunition. Their web sites and logos are very similar but one had the caliber I needed and the other didn't. Their prices were very good, I guess I will find out how the service and quality are.

BTW, I sent an email to USA ammo customer service asking about their shipping times and their reply was that most orders ship same day or next day so I guess they got their problems figured out, but their pricing was about $10 more/box.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I've used usaammo's 5.56 without issue, but only 100 rounds or so. The guy that gave it to me swears by them, but he's still shooting up an extremely large bulk order from 2 years ago.

My only complaint is that, even though they are here in Houston, they still charge full shipping price to get the ammo to me and won't allow in-person pick-up. :(

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I've used usaammo's 5.56 without issue, but only 100 rounds or so. The guy that gave it to me swears by them, but he's still shooting up an extremely large bulk order from 2 years ago.

My only complaint is that, even though they are here in Houston, they still charge full shipping price to get the ammo to me and won't allow in-person pick-up. :(
    The guys that were making USA Ammo 2 years ago own Freedom Munitions now. They're opening a store on the NW side of Houston to sell bulk ammo in the near future so you'll be able to walk in and pick it up.
    Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I ordered 60 rnds of .50 BMG from them last monday. Said it was in stock, still hasn't shipped

Top Bottom