Guns International

Any Father's day events at any ranges this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryououki

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Does anyone know of any promotions at any of the ranges this weekend?

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Spring Guns and Ammo is having a special on their outdoor range day. What was originally $100 (and apparently got no takers) got marked down to $50 and is now on special for $40 for Father's Day. That buys a whole two hours at their outdoor, 600-yard range. Whether you think it's worth it is up to you.

Ryououki

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Katy, TX
    TxBigFoot, if it wasn't gonna be a 7 hour round trip drive for that event, I'd luv to do something like that. Sounds like it'd be a darn good time! Thanks for sharing!

Ryououki

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Katy, TX
    benenglish, thanks for the info. I think I'll look in to that since I've been meaning to take out the 50BMG for a while now.

Edit: Could you please send me a link to the details on this? I am only seeing details about their indoor range and no mentions of an outdoor range on their website. Thank you.

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Boyert Shooting Center on Westheimer

https://www.boyert.com/boyertoneyear/

I went and looked. Got 2 free t-shirts, a Boyert anniversary, and an M&P. Nothing was on sale at a price I was willing to pay. There was a silent auction for a Sig MPX, but it was already at $2500.00.

They do have a few simulation rooms you can try your luck at. The line for a shooting lane only had 4 people in it.

They did have an FN PS90 for $1397.00 with rail. That seemed like quite a bargain.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Edit: Could you please send me a link to the details on this?
    No, I can't do that. AFAIK, no info is available online. You have to either read the sign posted to the front door of the range or get their email alerts. Here's how I first heard about it: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/houston/62225-greater-houston-gun-ranges-4.html#post1211506

If you read down that thread, Cam emailed them about location. Their reply was
    "At the Outdoor Range in the Magnolia area. It is not open to the General Public.
    There is no address."
    It appears the range location is only shared with the folks who buy time on the range. It is, to say the least, an interesting business model.

I can provide this, from the last subscriber email I received on June 19 which listed their "Father's Day Sale" items:

Two Outdoor Range Shooting Sessions
    1a054596-f1b5-40db-aac7-fe9a11dddb35.jpg
    June 27, 2015
    8:00am - 10:00am & 10:30am - 12:30pm
    $40.00 for Either Session​
    Two Berms. South Berm for Rifles 100-600 Yards. South Berm for Pistols and Carbines up to 50 Yards. Lots of Steel and Paper Targets. Number of Shooters Restricted, Must Register.
    NOTE: I've just now noticed that even though this announcement was on their "Father's Day Sale" email, the range day isn't on Father's Day. My entire response to the OP, including this post, was off topic. Oh, well, that's nothing new around here, is it? :)

Top Bottom