• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    Just don't shoot yourself in the foot like that DEA agent. It happens more than you would think with those things; enough to catch it on video any way. Just go to youtube and search it. You will laugh!

txpete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    as a bullet caster...
    any pistol that you have to go and buy a extra barrel to shoot cast bullets in is just plain wrong.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I carry Glocks , my wife does and my grown adult kids will be given Glocks when/if they get their CCW and I feel that they are responsible.
    I have Berrettas, Colts, had a Kahr, S&W, Ruger, Browning, some brands that were given to me that I sold as they were not quality I want - but it was nice for someone to give a gift.
    I would purchase and carry any brand that I feel is reliable enough to count on as a CCW gun. For me that is Glocks
    gamboolman....

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I own a Glock 23c .40S&W. I'm just getting started in the shooting sports area so I don't have many toys. Just my Glock and my Colt 1911 (1991 series).

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I can't believe I missed this thread. I posted pictures in the "Let's see your Gloch" thread. Up until about 18 months ago I had never owned and rarely had shot a Glock. Picked up my first one and liked the way it shot and how easy it was to tinker with then I sold off two 1911s and used the money to go on a Tactical Tupperware bender. At present I have:

Glock 26
    Glock 17
    Glock 34
    Glock 34 sporterized
    Glock 30
    Glock 21SF

Working on getting a G17L and a G19 before to long to round out my 9mm set. After that I'll have to check with my Glock pimp and see what he's getting ready to turn out on the street.

As for Glock's in general, seems folks either love 'em or hate 'em. I used to be a died in the wool 1911 fan, still am, but got my first Glock, the 17 and fell in love with it. Since then for current purposes and ease of training I decided to focus on one make and operating principle of handgun to maximize my bang for buck ratio.

I have to say this for Glocks, they may not be pretty, but they are built simple and put up with a lot of abuse. Don't have to worry about scratching it or ruining the pretty parts like with some guns.

My 17 has gone without me doing any sort of maintance on it for long stretchs. I bought the pistol in June of 07, and I probably have cleaned it no more times that I could count on both hands. To be honest I don't think I've cleaned it more then running a bore snake through it once or twice after shooting it since early November of last year. Since that time I've shot it in 8 GSSF matches, 3 or 4 IDPA type matches, a couple plate shoots, and about 5 or 6K of general plinking and practicing. The carry glocks and the race gun get a lot more attention for differient reasons. So far its not given me a lick of trouble after some initial issues with the something the previous owner had done to it.

Malladus

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Carry a Glock 21C (45 ACP) as duty pistol, carry a Glock 32 (357 Sig) as primary off duty pistol. Good tools, very reliable, have posted this on other sites and many have agreed with me. A Glock, as good as it is, does not have a soul. My 4506, that I carried prior to going to plainclothes, was my partner and an extention of me. Folks outside of the shooting fraternity look at me with a strange look when I say that. Those that understand just nod.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've got a Glock 17 that I've have for about 9 years, an OD Glock 19 (that's still at BTC getting a grip reduction and 360 degree stipple job after almost 5 months :() and just picked up a Glock 20 today. Haven't shot the G20 yet but gonna wake up early so I can shoot it before I head to work.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    GLOCK 19 & GLOCK 26 Here!
    CHLSmile.gif

Top Bottom