• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Specifially West Houston IDPA shooters? Looking to finally get into IDPA and eventually competitions, but am a newb when it comes to this stuff... Not a noob to guns, just the competitions...
    Guns International

SgtBrummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I'm right there with you. I'm looking at it for the summer but more around the spring/tomball area.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Honestly, just show up. You'll need $10 for range fees and a box of 50 cartridges and two magazines for your pistol. Keep it unloaded on the range till they tell you it's ok. See if you can attend the dinner after they most likely will have a meeting place.

They have a bunch of new folks come in and you'll be treated right.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I've shot with them a bunch in the past, friendly group of guys and easy on new shooters. Just show up a little earlier than the listed start time, let whomever looks like they're in charge know that you're a first time competitor and they'll let you know what to do from there. Bring a pistol, holster, at least 3 magazines, 150 rounds of ammo or so, and a vest or jacket for concealment. The entrance to the range isn't clearly marked so if you're at the right address open the gate, close it behind you and then drive down the dirt road until you see shooting bays. Sign up will be somewhere around the main building.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I wouldn't insult JasonT by calling what I do IDPA shooting, but I do go to the matches . . .lol.

Come out onWednesday night or for the monthly matches and join us! Its a good group and we welcome new shooters.

JasonT's advice should be followed as it is spot on!

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Ahh nice... Yea, i'll have to schedule to leave work early one Wednesday to finally come out to Impact Zone and check it out... Thanks alot fellas for the insight on this...

Rubikees

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Houston
    I can help with the Northern area. Sportsman in Humble on Tues, Thunder near the Woodlands on Wend, Conroe Gun Emporium on Thurs along with Shiloh near Willowbrook. There is another shooting group in the I-59 range. There is another range out close to Memorial City and around Spring Cypress that I think there is an IDPA group shoots from. IDPA has a website and I think they can help in finding a group close by.

Top Bottom