Target Sports

Any interest in setting up Eddie Eagle programs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay....I've had a coupla folks tell me they'd be interested in trying to introduce/teach Eddie Eagle program in their local communities....

Toward that end, I'm working w/the NRA to get info on just what's available, and how it can be funded. As a FNRA Committee Member and a "Benefactor" level member, I'm hoping that they're going to "work with" me w/regards to waiving some of the usual things that they want in order to supply the stuff free of charge.

My whole thing is that this program could easily save the life of a child - which makes it very worthwhile in my book. Getting the program set up and running is the challenge - finding who to talk to @ NRA, setting things up, etc.. So my thought is to do most of the leg work for those interested, and having a "cheat sheet" to send to you w/who to contact, etc., to set it up for your local area.

In the meantime - go to Eddie Eagle Safety Program and take a look at it. If you have a youth group in the New Braunfels/Seguin/San Marcos area, and you'd like to discuss getting this program presented, please contact me directly.

My hope is to set up a synergistic program between the NRA and TGT, in which we can both benefit - them, by having a Texas-based group that will help promote, present, and/or coordinate the program; us, by generating goodwill and word-of-mount that THIS is the place to come to get information on teaching kids about gun safety.
    ARJ Defense ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom