• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I’m buying my wife a 2022 Wrangler for her 40th birthday. Going with the v6 gas engine any problems Y’all know about. She wanted a Bronco or a Wrangler because Toyota doesn’t sell the FJ anymore in the US. We both prefer the Jeep over the Bronco after riding/driving in both. She picked out a hydro blue Unlimited Willy’s. My brother works at the Toledo Jeep in QC so we have a nice discount. Hopefully it’ll last like her FJ did 228k and still going strong.
    ARJ Defense ad

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I’m buying my wife a 2022 Wrangler for her 40th birthday. Going with the v6 gas engine any problems Y’all know about. She wanted a Bronco or a Wrangler because Toyota doesn’t sell the FJ anymore in the US. We both prefer the Jeep over the Bronco after riding/driving in both. She picked out a hydro blue Unlimited Willy’s. My brother works at the Toledo Jeep in QC so we have a nice discount. Hopefully it’ll last like her FJ did 228k and still going strong.
    Join a Wrangler forum! I have a 2019 JL with the only issues being (1) a recall to replace the steering damper and (2) a TSB I had done to replace steering box from aluminum to steel. Does that sound bad? We bought a new Honda back in October and it's $2k infotainment systems died in 2 weeks. Do people have issues, sure! I've also seen issues with the new Bronco. If you're buying a Wrangler or Bronco, you're not buying with what is the #1 or #2 high quality/least issue vehicle. Most issues I see are people adding a 3" lift and various other components (or not adding components such as a regear with a lift/larger tires) and complaining of issues.

Make sure your wife drives the vehicle for many miles and at highway speed. Lots of complaints with owners buying one and surprise, the solid axle vehicle doesn't drive like their old Honda Accord. Also, if you plan on adding a lift and 37" or larger mud tires...she probably won't be happy.

I have the V6 and no issues. I'm not into the turbo, diesel or 4xe though you can read about those nuances in the Wrangler forums.

In today's environment, factory order it and get a signed contract (both party's signatures) at that time with the dealer. If you find a 2022 in stock it has a markup and some dealers are trying to do partial markups on special orders too.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I was ardently anti-Jeep because of the bad reputation, but I've been flipped. Car quality, in general, is just getting better and better. With my car in the body shop, I've been driving a 2 year old Wrangler rental for the last two months and I like it - for what it is. It's got the 4 cyl turbo, hard top and the 8 speed trans, there isn't much I don't like about it. It's a little "wandery" on the highway - especially with side winds, and a little noisy - but it's fun to drive.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My experience with jeeps is limited to the 4.0 And if I ever get a wrangler it will be a early 2000’s with a manual Bruce Jenner.

I’m really skeptical of the current v6 but have seen many one owner wranglers with 200k.

I was told Wrangler owners are gay. I didn’t believe it. I almost traded my fag 2wd Colorado for a decked out Manual wrangler. Called the owner of the car lot. Lot is a specialty Jeep lot. Asked if they took guns as trade in too. That question made him uncomfortable. Then asked me to remind him what Jeep I wanted. Described it and said the gold colored one or whatever that fancy color is. He got pissed and corrected me in a gay voice: it’s beige sir!

Woooah didn’t mean to upset you. You shift with your butt when you drive that thing?

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Thanks for the reply’s y’all
    The saleswoman let her drive her 4 inch lifted wrangler. It rode like the 3 inch lifted Toyota FJ my wife has currently been driving for 8 years.
    Not sure if Jeep owners are gay lol but the resale value is high so that’s a plus.
    Bronco I didn’t want at all the sales person kept opening and closing the door because of the rattling. I know Ford pushes out garbage. I worked at Ford years ago seen it first hand. I owned a few Ford’s from new Mustang GT, F150,Ford 500 all had issues. F150 made it 26k before the problems started, 500 was a complete disaster almost killed my family on I75 when it would just shut off randomly and lock the steering wheel (why I switched to Toyota). Mustang wasn’t to bad.
    My dad retired from Chrysler 40 years there,
    so they did feed me growing up. I had a Ram in the past didn’t have any problems but it was just a lease with low mileage.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Jeeps are good vehicles for women. They can hit curbs in mall parking lots and run over small children while they hold a cell phone with one hand and Starbucks in the other without damaging the vehicle. I've known several jeep owners. All women. One might have used to been a guy though.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’ve toyed around with the idea of buying a JL. I really like the “Sarge Green” color.

The Pentastar is better than the 3.8 sone the JKs had. My wife’s Pacifica has the Pentastar and so did her van before that. There have been some problems but no more than any other vehicle. It’s not a bad engine but not nearly as torquey as my 4.0 at low revs.

There have also been some issues with dis-similar materials and the paint bubbling which requires them to repaint part. The door hinges and doors are different types of metal. It’s not extremely common but something that has held me back.

I like Jeeps, I’ve owned several and will continue to buy them.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I am still driving the '88 Comanche in the avatar!
    Only bad Jeeps are the Mercadies years, with the cheap German engineered v8.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Bought a 2 door TJ 4.0 5 speed with 55k miles 10 years ago. Lifted, with good off-road tires. It was so uncomfortable, loud, and hard on gas I drove it maybe 10 times in 6 years. Sold it for more than I paid for it a couple of years ago. There's something else I never have to do again.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Jeep Chick 2.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've owned 4 Wranglers (CK, YJ, TJ, and XJ) All were soft top, half doors. I used to do a lot a beach fishing and camping.

The TJ's were the best. They were a bit more refined than the CJ or the YJ, and still go just about anywhere you wanted. The XJ was capable but built for the pavement

The straight 4.0 was a perfect fit. The V6, not so much.

I'd still like to have one for driving the beach or back roads, but I wouldn't want one for city or highway driving.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I have a '15 Unlimited sport with a few upgrades, but nothing radical... Just getting ready to turn over 90k miles. Had a few minor issues; leaky radiator that was replaced under warranty, just this year had to have the thermostat replaced. The only real complaint I have is expect water leaks!!! I have a hard top with the freedom panels and just like you'll see on the jeep forums, it will most likely have wet floorboard carpets after a couple years!!!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    My first vehicle was a 76 Jeep Cherokee with 3 speed on the floor and 258 ci inline 6. That underpowered sucker went everywhere. I grew up in NH and took it all over logging roads and mountain trails.

But today, I’ll pass. I like my 3/4 pickups too much.

If/when they bring back a J20 with a diesel, I’ll look.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    94 YJ w/soft top........

Fun for short trips.........long ones (1000 miles +)........ not so much

Top Bottom