• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think it was in Florida, the company that ran the red light cams got nailed for shortening the yellow signal. Also it makes people so afraid to go through yellow, they'll mash the brakes.

But this keeps us all safer...or brings in more income without having to pay an officer. Police unions should be against them.
    Capitol Armory ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    [***WARNING: Sarcastic, unrealistic jest contained below. If unable to refrain from Nanny comments, move along to another thread.***]

What I would appreciate is a statutorily supported driving program that recognizes some of us are significantly better at safely driving than others. Membership in the program would allow travel at higher speeds, elimination of the requirement to cease all forward movement before proceeding through an empty intersection, permission to navigate past red turn arrows when no opposing cars are present, and other general provisions.

Acuity would be evidenced by additional driving tests, funded by the person desiring eligibility, as well as proof of a clean driving record. Accidents, DWI, or failure to continue driving safely would all result in elimination from the program.

So in my utopian world, the cops reviewing this red light footage would find my name on the "not a dumbass" list, thereby dismissing the citation.

Among the many, many problems preventing this illusion from becoming a reality would be the fact that monkeys usually do as they see. Morons would end up following these drivers into situations which they were unable to handle, causing fantastic accidents.

Now that I think about it, I just want to drive like a cop, without the requirement of responding to an emergency. We can't have that. I guess we'll stick with one standard for the masses.

[End sarcasm.]

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I think it was in Florida, the company that ran the red light cams got nailed for shortening the yellow signal. Also it makes people so afraid to go through yellow, they'll mash the brakes.

But this keeps us all safer...or brings in more income without having to pay an officer. Police unions should be against them.

Haahaahaaa

The camera company does not have control of the light timing. And it is real simple; don't run red lights.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I can't find any law on this for Texas, but California has a law stating the yellow light must show for one second per 10 mile an hour of speed limit. So say its a traffic light on a 40 mph road, the yellow is required to be present for 4 seconds. In san diego, they had a lawyer who would come on the radio show for an hour and answer questions in between calls. One guy called in asking about a ticket for running a red light and the lawyer brought up that tid bit of info. I wish Ft Hood had a station that did that. Tampa used to do it too

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    No cop no stop LOL!

This reminds me of a joke.

Guy gets pulled over after crossing an intersection. He walks to the back of his car with the officer and asks why he was pulled over. Officer tells him he was pulled over for failing to stop at the intersection. Guy protests saying he slowed down before proceeding. Officer pulls out his baton and starts hitting the guy in the head with it. Officer asks 'sir, would you rather I slow down or stop'.

Shitty joke but I've been waiting years for the right opportunity to use it.

Now that's funny right there.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Have a dumbxxs son that thought he could trash a bunch of these and the toll roads too. He is now on a payment plan, and when he pays them off, then the powers that be will allow him to purchase current registration for his car. The one he did in my car, I made him pay. I'm not saying its right or strictly legal, but they have him by the short hairs. Its what we used to call a "golden rule." He who has the gold rules. The rest of us are screwed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Baytown beat their cameras and had them removed. They found that the TYPES of accidents changed because of the cameras. T Bone wrecks declined but rear end collisions increased. What really hammered the cameras were some of the stop lights on the highway around town. Skid marks of 75-100 feet were common from drivers attempting to avoid a ticket. The pavement was black with tortured tire rubber.

They also found that the yellow light intervals were being set below state mandated minimums to increase tickets. In this area, they put a "hold" on purchase of your car tags if you failed to pay a camera ticket. That really fried the public! Cameras were pulled out by the roots!

In your case, failure to completely stop pretty well rips you. Sorry.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No cop no stop LOL!

This reminds me of a joke.

Guy gets pulled over after crossing an intersection. He walks to the back of his car with the officer and asks why he was pulled over. Officer tells him he was pulled over for failing to stop at the intersection. Guy protests saying he slowed down before proceeding. Officer pulls out his baton and starts hitting the guy in the head with it. Officer asks 'sir, would you rather I slow down or stop'.

Shitty joke but I've been waiting years for the right opportunity to use it.

The officer should slow down and insure that no one is in an intersecting path with his baton, if the area is clear then by all means, swing away.

Top Bottom