• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I play guitar, keyboard and vocals. I was in a metal band but now compose music for different genre projects. 13 yeas experience. I have many pieces if you care to hear...

I'm always interested in other musicians work, feel free to pm me the links if you don't wanna post them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Venture Surplus ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've played guitar for as long as I can remember. Also play many brass instruments.

I've played and sang in 7 different bands over the years.

MindBeyondAverage mentioned in the Death Metal thread that he had to quit his band so that he could devote his time to his wife and family. I did the same exact thing. I'll session for fun every once in a while but my dreams of stardom are long gone. Replaced by something so amazingly awesome that I didn't even know to dream of it.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I'm always interested in other musicians work, feel free to pm me the links if you don't wanna post them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alright here's some samples of different stuff.

Everything is 100% original and was written and played by me, except the one that is clearly of me and my band in which I did Vocals and keys.

This is a composition I did about two years ago. Sub woofer would be good for this one.
    Feint vocals were done through an acoustic electric pickup.
    Live guitars.
    Digital drums but ARE NOT LOOPS. Basically playing drums on a keyboard.
    everything els is Medi keyboard.
    Ascending Truth.mp3

I dabbled in Hip hop a little bit and produced this song. Original beat written by me. Lyrics, and all production done by myself. Not mastered
    As a matter of fact none of this stuff is mastered. In this song I am portraying death, telling of the many ways people die and how the system of death works.
    D.Ceased.mp3

This next one is a piece I wrote. I directed an opera singer for the vocals. Back up choir is me. Drums are live.
    Jonathan Colon ft. Claudet.mp3

This next one is a theme I am currently working on that can be used for medieval type video games or motion film. Just a short sample of the intro.
    Theme intro sample.mp3

This is another short intro to a song I am working on. Ruff mix.
    Ruff intro.mp3

Lastly is a mixed and half assed mastered song from the band I was in (Ayatollah meaning Sign from God). Called "Resewn".
    Starts off more like an alternative type of song but slowly transitions toward metal. Clean vocals in the beginning, heavy screams at the end.
    Resewn.mp3

Don't forget the feedback! Oh, and don't worry I Just uploaded these. I don't know how to post to where you can listen to them on here. I assure you the files are safe.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Oh, and don't worry I Just uploaded these. I don't know how to post to where you can listen to them on here. I assure you the files are safe.

I will have to listen to them on my computer, you should look into sound cloud if you haven't (google the website for the link). It's a site that lets you upload your music and everyone stream it without having to download it. I've been meaning to put my old bands stuff on there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I will have to listen to them on my computer, you should look into sound cloud if you haven't (google the website for the link). It's a site that lets you upload your music and everyone stream it without having to download it. I've been meaning to put my old bands stuff on there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes I know about that. I just don't want these public till they're finished. Give a listen and let me know what you thought. Musicians critiques are valued. And I'd like ti hear some of your guys's stuff!

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've played lots of instruments but never stuck with anything. Drums was the longest but I recently traded them for a nice Epiphone guitar.

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Alright here's some samples of different stuff.

Everything is 100% original and was written and played by me, except the one that is clearly of me and my band in which I did Vocals and keys.

This is a composition I did about two years ago. Sub woofer would be good for this one.
    Feint vocals were done through an acoustic electric pickup.
    Live guitars.
    Digital drums but ARE NOT LOOPS. Basically playing drums on a keyboard.
    everything els is Medi keyboard.
    Ascending Truth.mp3

I dabbled in Hip hop a little bit and produced this song. Original beat written by me. Lyrics, and all production done by myself. Not mastered
    As a matter of fact none of this stuff is mastered. In this song I am portraying death, telling of the many ways people die and how the system of death works.
    D.Ceased.mp3

This next one is a piece I wrote. I directed an opera singer for the vocals. Back up choir is me. Drums are live.
    Jonathan Colon ft. Claudet.mp3

This next one is a theme I am currently working on that can be used for medieval type video games or motion film. Just a short sample of the intro.
    Theme intro sample.mp3

This is another short intro to a song I am working on. Ruff mix.
    Ruff intro.mp3

Lastly is a mixed and half assed mastered song from the band I was in (Ayatollah meaning Sign from God). Called "Resewn".
    Starts off more like an alternative type of song but slowly transitions toward metal. Clean vocals in the beginning, heavy screams at the end.
    Resewn.mp3

Don't forget the feedback! Oh, and don't worry I Just uploaded these. I don't know how to post to where you can listen to them on here. I assure you the files are safe.

Ascending Truth - was awesome, reminded me of something I would have definitely listened to in high school when I was really into the psychedelic stoner chill style like Pink Floyd, Radiohead, etc.

D.Ceased - has a really good beat and I was digging the lyrics, didn't quite understand if you said you just wrote the lyrics or if it was actually you doing the vocals, either way great job.

Jonathan Colon ft. Claudet - was very chill and I definitely liked it

Theme intro sample - was good but very short lol

Ruff intro - definitely has a lot of potential IMHO

Resewn - timing seemed to be a little off in some spots but overall I was digging it for sure

I've been in and out of many bands over the years and have stuff strewn out everywhere, will try to pull some more stuff but this is some earlier stuff from a band I played bass in around 2006-2007 time frame called Painting Broadway (also recorded, produced, and did some backing vocals in) Painting Broadway 361 on PureVolume

and here's a video I edited together awhile back of the same band

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    A video of me when I was 18 (I'm 25 now) playing the rhythm to the theme from Metalocalypse (might wanna turn your speakers down audio sucks)

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Sorry won't let me put more than one video per post.

This is a band I was playing with out in California called Cribwall Prison (more of a lets get drunk and make noise kind of band lol) I'm the guitarist on the left side of the stage that you can actually see and hear, check out the sweet guitar spin towards the end lol.

[video=youtube;vIrxA2NF8uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIrxA2NF8uk&list=UUY0Pv3sNxXmc1kIFnTa9qvQ& index=3[/video]

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    8a6yneha.jpg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    There are gigs that will actually pay $50? Sure wish I could have played some of those, back in the day...

Per band not person lmao. I've played so many shows that I came out behind on its not funny, don't regret it at all some of the best times of my life.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

skeath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    McKinney
    I have a doctorate in Tuba Performance, and have played with the Fort Worth and Dallas Symphonies. That was some years ago, before I changed careers. I found that computers pay better than orchestras. :cool:

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    I have a doctorate in Tuba Performance, and have played with the Fort Worth and Dallas Symphonies. That was some years ago, before I changed careers. I found that computers pay better than orchestras. :cool:

That's why I make $$$ with daytime keyboard, and have fun with nighttime keyboard

noelnkeith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Blanco, TX
    Y'all needed to play Country instead of Rock, made more playing country in a month than years playing Rock-n-Roll, and the girls are prettier too.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ascending Truth - was awesome, reminded me of something I would have definitely listened to in high school when I was really into the psychedelic stoner chill style like Pink Floyd, Radiohead, etc.

D.Ceased - has a really good beat and I was digging the lyrics, didn't quite understand if you said you just wrote the lyrics or if it was actually you doing the vocals, either way great job.

Jonathan Colon ft. Claudet - was very chill and I definitely liked it

Theme intro sample - was good but very short lol

Ruff intro - definitely has a lot of potential IMHO

Resewn - timing seemed to be a little off in some spots but overall I was digging it for sure

I've been in and out of many bands over the years and have stuff strewn out everywhere, will try to pull some more stuff but this is some earlier stuff from a band I played bass in around 2006-2007 time frame called Painting Broadway (also recorded, produced, and did some backing vocals in) Painting Broadway 361 on PureVolume

and here's a video I edited together awhile back of the same band

Oh hey, thanks! I forgot all about this thread until I got an alert. Thanks for listening. I've been so caught up in the whole prepping and 2A thing, that I don't have the money, or time, to get back into music. I need to though. There's a huge feeling of emptiness when I leave it alone for so long. Oh and yes the timing was off on all of our songs. We payed the guy to record us and mistakenly let our basis and drummer go lay their tracks without us. They were always messy and didn't care to do things right, which is ultimately why my guitarist left. So, we tried to make it work, instead of forking out another 500. It WAS wayyyyy worse.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom