Patriot Mobile

Any of yall good at fiberglass work semi close to conroe? I need help in a bad way!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ok so like the title says any of yall anywhere close to conroe? M houseboat hull is leaking pretty bad and I need some help fixing it. I kind of know how to work with fiberglass since i used to race gas powered RC boats, but this is another story. If I dont do this right Ill be homeless...been there done that, and ill pass on being there again. Im not looking for a hand out ill be more then happy to pay somthing but i just cant afford what the boat shops want for the job.

Feel stupid as hell asking but Im only 22 so I dont have a whole hell of a lot of money laying around....any help is appreciated...me and a buddy may have figure out how to lift the hull up enough to get it dry where it needs to be fixed(going to be a grand or more for airbags) and the only reason im doing this is the waters to low and this boat requires a special trailer to move it which are nowhere to be found..
    Lynx Defense

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Re: Any of yall good at fiberglass work semi close to conroe? I need help in a bad wa

I have a couple of guys in mind but i cant talk to them until the morning so ill let you know.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Re: Any of yall good at fiberglass work semi close to conroe? I need help in a bad wa

alright appreciate it

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

Maybe a little more detail is in order. Is there sub-surface structural damage? How far below the water line? How big (area) and how deep (cavity) is the hole? I've done many glass layups in unseen, center of hull and on chines, that remain effective years later. Glass layup isn't all that hard, just sticky as hell. For small (@ quarter size) holes, I've had great success with Marine Tex, a two part epoxy. I'm sure there are many products that work below the water line too. Look into yacht/saltwater repairs. That could save you the $1000 on airbags. I'll email my address for the check.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

its underwater center of the bottom of the pontoon, the 2x4 runner in it broke and the glass cracked, i had it patched with 2 part from the inside but that front a few weeks ago had the lake rough and the glass was flexing where the 2x4 broke and the patched came off, has a few places inside the pontoon i need to glass just incase. the worst thing is I have to get in the water to fix it.....My plan is to glass inside and out the repaint the outside, and brace the broken runner.

"My anger management class really PISSED me off today"............tell me about it ive been 3 times

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

this boats gutted out right now and looks like shit, but if i can get this leak fixed so im not so stressed about it im going to finish it out, hate to put thousands of dollars inside this thing and come home and its sittin on the bottom and im out all that cash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

You say pontoon? Made of fiberglass? Don't recall ever seeing that, only see aluminium ones. Would it be best to replace the pontoon (s)?
    Low as the lake is, "sitting on the bottom" may well leave the interior above water

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

well the only viable option would cost 4 grand just for the floatsi have a 50 foot boat and the floats are 400 a pop and i need atleast 10, not to mention everything else i would need, im still in 9-10' and i only draft 6-8''. I just have to get something done, things got me so stressed out im sick and im not sleeping, and all my freakin nieghbors want to do is remind every 5 fuckin minutes that a boat just like mine sank in this slip ....which really helps

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom