Lynx Defense

Any place in SA to find spam can of 7.62x54r?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Like the title says. Shipping is a pain. Seems like every can I can find is $100-110 online with shipping.

Anything local?

Thanks.
    Guns International

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Picked up today at Alamo Ammo...

photo(12).jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Picked up today at Alamo Ammo...

View attachment 10299

While maybe not the cheapest, I have had great experiences with the folks at Alamo Ammo. I needed a spam can opener (like the one in your picture) for my boss at work. I happened to ask them for one while buying some other ammo at a gun show, and they guy gave it to me for free. They also gave me one of the wooden cases despite the fact that I only bought one spam can from them. Those were both small but nice gestures on their part, and the kind of acts that makes me want to give them my business again as well as recommend them to others!

Plus, I fully believe that we should do everything to support local gun-related businesses if they support us. As long as I am treated respectfully as a customer, I don't mind paying a little more for something at a local shop or range; but if treated badly more than once I have no hesitation in boycotting a business and letting others know about it (just ask me about my bad experiences at the Bullethole! ).

I hope your dealings with Alamo Ammo were as pleasant as mine have been, they do truly work hard to make their customers happy!

Cheers! M2

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yeah, the guy was very nice. And it really wasn't that much more than ordering online. Sure I paid a little more for the can plus tax, but there was no shipping charge and I could walk out the door with it. Like you, I will go out of my way to find products from other vendors just so I don't have to support a business with crappy customer service.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Last time i bought it at a gun show, i paid 125 per crate (2 cans). The PINA part was i didnt plan on buying it that day and the walk back to the car carrying crates. Closest place to park was almost a mile down the road.

Top Bottom