Join TexasGunTalk

Any possible interest in a group buy?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Jason, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    For the Lone Star Edition 1911 I am working on?

I emailed one of the companies I have in mind for the production of them... here's the thing they will be a kit form pistol that would basically only need assembly.

I emailed them some of the specs, special requests, and such.

I asked them about a special serial sequence, both slide and frame, and a few other things also...

The basic LSE edition 1911 will be stainless frame/slide (considering ported barrel and slide or compensator) OH YEAHHHH...

A few other suprises...

I emailed them about a possible willingness to do a group buy sort of thing on these kits with only a limited number being produced. I do not have a price point at this time but will get back as soon as I have the info. I am here now asking what kind of interest there would be so I can get a general idea of what kind of production numbers I am looking at.

I am currently thinking around 50-100 1st edition Lone Star kits... but could be less, but not much more. I want to keep them sort of exclusive.

I will still be building one of these pistols regardless, but if there are people interested in owning something special I am working with a couple of companies to see what they can do to make them realllly SPECIAL!!

Interest can be from, yeah I would like to see but I am not interested in buying one to SIGN ME UP ALREADY!!!!

Goooooo for feedback...

J

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Would depend on who is building it, and what it looks like. Ported barrels, compensated, etc. shouldn't be on the gun. Keep it normal looking, but with Texas flare.

3. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Would need to see schematic or prototype before commiting.Are you going to use Fusion parts?

5. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I am interested
    Who does the assembly?
    How much fitting will be required?
    Keep it simple
    but with texas flare.

6. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    no front cocking serrations and im in.

7. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I was actually thinking of having them done as 100% ready to assemble kits or fully built... at this time I am in talks with Fusion exclusively.

I don't know what other small but high quality manufacturer would be able or willing to tackle such a project, but I am open to other companies. I ordered some Fusion parts to check them out...

Texas flare, but stock parts... that would probably be more feasible anyway...

I am to the drawing board... it could take months, but it will be cool I promise!!!

8. TexasT/A

TexasT/A Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    agreed

9. jones creek kid

jones creek kid New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    Man i would love one that was reliable, and if you could see what makes it a Texas edition by just a glance that would be great

10. Pappy

Pappy Resident Septuagenarian

Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    No, not for me thank you...