Hurley's Gold

Any reason I shouldn't go with a Sig 556 Patrol Swat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Ok... so I think I'm going to buy this tomorrow. Found an excellent deal with some extra bells & whistles thown in. Reviews of gun all seem to be positive. Anyone out there with experience who has thoughts to the contrary? Seems like a great gun but would love to hear any well-qualified negatives about it.
    Thanks.
    Hurley's Gold

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Buy it. If you don't like it, I will take it off your hands for free. Hate to see it go to the garbage.

Seriously - the Patrol SWAT version is sweet, simple, and effective. Also makes a great HD weapon system with the right light (STOPLIGHT vertical grip) and possible sight.

smax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Check to see if CDNN is still doing the free 522 with purchase of a 556 before you go buy one. It may be worth a little wait to you to also get a badass .22 rifle in the process.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    ive got one and i love it, im confident you will too.
    5565.jpg

AFG7.gif

AFG5.gif

The following were at 50 yrs. with zero power sight...basically a red dot.
    30 rds each
    Large diamond is 6" top to bottom, the smaller is 3"

Zero1.jpg

Zero2.jpg

Zero3.jpg

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Roommate has one as well, absolutely loves it. I've got nothing bad to say about it.

This is at 100 yards, prone/bipod, with a 4x32, 30 rounds. Really couldn't see much, and I'm not a great shot. Point is, I'm certain the rifle is a better shot than I am any day of the week.

9d0ec9f3.jpg

2ndAmendmentGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Ok... so accessories... scope, flashlight for sure. What I'm unsure on is whether that front pistol grip is worth it? Does it really help w/ control that much? Also, once I get a scope, the sights that are already on it are unusable right? Anything else I should get? Laser sight? Bipod?
    Some day I'd love to get a silencer on it.... maybe next Christmas

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I would stick to the basics.....
    1.) Light
    2.) Sling(more for stablility and control)
    3.) Sight or Scope depending on your plans for its use

Bi-pods are ok, I have one but barely use it outside of the range. 'Cause lets be honsest....how much shooting are you going to be doing proned out?
    Also, FWIW, I dont have anything on the front of my rifle now as far as grips. I much prefer gripping the quad rail, like i was trained, rather the the MagPul grip pictured or a vertical grip which i really dont care for.....but hey, try it all out. Find what you like and go with that.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    also, be sure to sight in your iron sights too before you sight in/mount a sight or scope.
    anything man made has the potential to malfunction or break, BUIS are usually good to go and pretty rugged and can be depended on when your sight/scope fails or breaks.

Top Bottom