Venture Surplus ad

Any reputable HK91/CETME builders in TX?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Greetings,

My nephew is considering a self build of a CETME-C from a flat. He’s an mech-e student so he has some aptitude with various tools , but no professional or practical experience yet.

He’ll probably be okay with the bending and welding and will serialized the receiver.

Are there any builders in TX that can put together a CETME from a parts kit?

Sorry for the oddball question. I want to have options in case the kid gets in over his head.

Looking preferably in the Houston area as he’s in Aggieland.

Many many thanks.
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry I don't know anyone who does......

But it would be very similar to the CETME L build I did in the Gunsmithing forum. Have him watch the Forgotten Weapons videos I have linked in the thread. They will give him a good idea of what is required.

Have him check out the Weapons Guild Forum.....

You have to be a member to view the Forum, but it's free....and very educational........

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Thank you for the leads, gentlemen. I will follow all of them and report back here once the building commences.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Randy Kline a/k/a Sledgehammer.
    Randy did some tuning and refinishing work on a few FALs I had. Great attention to detail - I highly recommend him.

If you want more feedback on him, go to FalFiles.com and search for his name and/or 'Sledgehammer'.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Regarding having someone else do the build, should my nephew just give them the parts and let them source a new receiver, or is a legally self made receiver that is serialized ok in general with builders?

Sounds like maybe he shouldn’t bother bending and welding the 80%er except as a practice piece.

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    Checking to see if @Ioannes had any luck finding a builder? I also have a Cetme-C kit I want built.
    I reached out to both Randy Kline and Weapons Genetics about it but have gotten no response from either.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Check with Daniel at Halcyon Defense in Fredericksburg...........he does excellent work.....like all good shops, he is extremely busy.....he prefers email......he is also a machinest at KNS Precision..........

sharkyforty7@gmail.com

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Checking to see if @Ioannes had any luck finding a builder? I also have a Cetme-C kit I want built.
    I reached out to both Randy Kline and Weapons Genetics about it but have gotten no response from either.
    Cody at Weapons Genetics is often a difficult guy to get ahold of, but I have been completely satisfied with his work, and his pricing.

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    Check with Daniel at Halcyon Defense in Fredericksburg...........he does excellent work.....like all good shops, he is extremely busy.....he prefers email......he is also a machinest at KNS Precision..........

sharkyforty7@gmail.com
    Forgot to thank you for the lead. I met with Daniel at his shop back in November. He took the job. Very nice guy and very happy to share his knowledge. I should have it back in 3-5 more months.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Forgot to thank you for the lead. I met with Daniel at his shop back in November. He took the job. Very nice guy and very happy to share his knowledge. I should have it back in 3-5 more months.

Daniel is the Man....and his skills are in high demand.....He will do a pro job for sure.....he has also been very generous sharing his machining knowledge with me......

Will be anxiously awaiting photo's/range report of your rifle.......

xsefan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2022
    Whitney
    He should go as far as he can. He should send the trigger pack to Bill Springfield. Cheap and not an easy job for a first time builder . Transfer punch for the rear stock holes and the mag release hole. If he could find a ptr to get some measurements from he will be happy to build hime self

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Greetings,

My nephew is considering a self build of a CETME-C from a flat. He’s an mech-e student so he has some aptitude with various tools , but no professional or practical experience yet.

He’ll probably be okay with the bending and welding and will serialized the receiver.

Are there any builders in TX that can put together a CETME from a parts kit?

Sorry for the oddball question. I want to have options in case the kid gets in over his head.

Looking preferably in the Houston area as he’s in Aggieland.

Many many thanks.
    there are guides and forums that could help him, all I know for sure is you need a press and a welder for the flat.

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    Daniel is the Man....and his skills are in high demand.....He will do a pro job for sure.....he has also been very generous sharing his machining knowledge with me......

Will be anxiously awaiting photo's/range report of your rifle.......
    I pick it up on Saturday.
    -559700846778737360[4867].jpg
    -626258654709517939[4870].jpg
    -7758302197593709971[4869].jpg

Top Bottom