Guns International

Any San Antonio/New Braunfels/San Marcos Refinishers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Class response, my friend. You might not like his price - but I'm going to tell you upfront that if Tip does something, he does it *right*, and by his own hands. It may be that he doesn't do this type of work in-house, and as such may not be as competitive - but if it leaves his shop, it'll have been done by the best. So rather than insult someone, why not simply say that you wanted something less expensive?

Insulting a GOOD gunsmith is *never* a good idea - or a smart one. Because while you may feel "smart" being a smart-ass, what you've done is guaranteed yourself that he'll *never* want to do anything for you in the future. He doesn't say much on this board, but he DOES read it - and your BS is just that.....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're absolutely right - I *am* a self-serving prick as anyone on this board will tell you. Always looking out for myself - which is why I gave you a contact. Not liking a quoted price is fine - but there's no need (or call) to insult someone over it....but whatever.

Tueller drill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Round Rock
    A simple PM would have sufficed. I could have reworded my post, but you chose to call me out. Thanks for the referral but I'll go elsewhere, it's not like it's an expensive rifle, the re-finishing cost is half of the guns value. That's what put me off. It's too bad it had to come to this, I genuinely appreciated the info though.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Excuse me? YOU blasted a referral I gave you publicly...yet I'm supposed to be all private in my objections to your rude, crass comments about a respected smith in our area? You didn't appreciate the info - if you had, you'd have let me know via PM that his work was high - good work often is - but instead you insinuate that he's just overpriced...publicly. I happen to consider Tip a friend - so when you choose to insult him publicly, you can count on my calling you on it.
    You created it, not me. Now you can deal w/it.

Tueller drill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Round Rock
    Wow, I was going to edit it but you and your "friend" can take a long walk off of a short pier at the lake. I tried to be nice, but it seems you just have to continue to act like an ass.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dude - no skin off my nose, or his. The time to have tempered your comments has long since passed. I frankly don't care what you say, do or think - and judging by some of your other comments elsewhere on this board, I doubt many others will, either.

I've seen classier acts on sidewalks from schoolkids than what your actions have exhibitted to date.

Tueller drill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Round Rock
    You just keep stoking the flame. Have to get the last word in, every single time. As for what I have posted here, look again I have not said anything wrong in any other forum. You are simply trying to stir the crap up and make yourself look good. You made a recommendation, it turned out one that I didn't find acceptable. Get over it. My last post about the issue, arguing with you is pointless as you are the kind of fudd I see at Dietz, roaming the range and picking up other peoples brass. I have your number Cur. Ignored you now.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You just keep stoking the flame. Have to get the last word in, every single time. As for what I have posted here, look again I have not said anything wrong in any other forum. You are simply trying to stir the crap up and make yourself look good. You made a recommendation, it turned out one that I didn't find acceptable. Get over it. My last post about the issue, arguing with you is pointless as you are the kind of fudd I see at Dietz, roaming the range and picking up other peoples brass. I have your number Cur. Ignored you now.

hah! this thread delivers

Cur? really? Cur?

hahahahahahhahahahahaaaaaa

Top Bottom