Patriot Mobile

Any thougts on bill pre-filed by Texas Rep. Terry Meza; HB 196: AN ACT relating to the use of deadly force in defense of a person or property

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    d6cbbc1a56206e29080477cbc3cbf640e7995a09407e8dfea5bb50c1d48e2860_1.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Doxing or going to her home to "protest" would ne a dick move.

Just saying. We dont want to act like libtards.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    So if I read that blurb on her reasoning correctly, she wants the victim to be responsible for the crime and to voluntarily participate. in the forced redistribution of the victim's wealth.

In a way, it makes the criminal sort of a tax collector.

Right yeah that'll work just as soon as Porky Pig looses his stut stut stut speech impediment.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So if I read that blurb on her reasoning correctly, she wants the victim to be responsible for the crime and to voluntarily participate. in the forced redistribution of the victim's wealth.

In a way, it makes the criminal sort of a tax collector.

Right yeah that'll work just as soon as Porky Pig looses his stut stut stut speech impediment.

Not only that, but the victim is to be personally liable for the safety of both the criminal and any other victims involved. Her idea removes ALL traces of personal responsibility from the violent home invader and places all liability in the hands of the victim. Pretty damn sick.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    This is supposedly what Terry Meza said to justify the Bill. I find it hard to believe anyone could be dumb enough to actually say this.....

If true, how can anyone like this be a elected Representative of Texas is mind boggling.....
    NuLkxcuh.png
    One can hope that one of these benevolent criminals decides her house looks inviting and they need her money and possessions more than her, and they already had a bad day....

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    One can hope that one of these benevolent criminals decides her house looks inviting and they need her money and possessions more than her, and they already had a bad day....

This.

She seems ahead of the drug use curve. As in she is consuming before it’s been legalized.

Her district deserves her if they keep her on as their rep.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Good lord there's a lot in this thread.

First, that supposed quote is not true. There is nothing attributing almost any of what was said to her. It's a fantasy. Parts probably capture her true thoughts but she didn't actually say it.

IANAL but the plain reading of HB196 and what it actually says, I don't see an impact to castle doctrine.

This is an attack on stand you ground while not on your property.

I think this is a bad bill and should be defeated quickly.

But we need to argue from a position of truth. Presenting arguments and fake news quotes that can be easily swatted down by our opponents helps them better position themselves to advance this horrid piece of legislation.

As an aside, I find it amusing that this bill also removes any reference to he and attempts to make the law gender neutral. In the process, I think it makes it harder to follow.

Kong Sheng Han

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2020
    Austin, Texas
    This is supposedly what Terry Meza said to justify the Bill. I find it hard to believe anyone could be dumb enough to actually say this.....

If true, how can anyone like this be a elected Representative of Texas is mind boggling.....
    NuLkxcuh.png

I think I lost IQ points from reading that. Can I sue you for the loss of brain cells?

My dad was robbed once. Complied and gave the shitheads what they wanted, and they still shot him in the leg. No thanks, my life is worth more than a robber’s life.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I think I lost IQ points from reading that. Can I sue you for the loss of brain cells?

My dad was robbed once. Complied and gave the shitheads what they wanted, and they still shot him in the leg. No thanks, my life is worth more than a robber’s life.

Kong Sheng Han,

I will be interested to see what REP. Meza says AFTER her home is broken into by an armed predator & she & her loved ones are PREYED UPON by that violent criminal.
    (A good "working definition" of a liberal is a person who has NOT yet been a victim of criminal violence.)

I truly feel sorry for what my lady will do to an intruder, IF they break into our place & she believes that she and/or Nathan Paul are in danger. = Being shot with her little 5.56NATO police carbine might be the least of the intruder's problems.
    (The Alpha Female of virtually every species of mammal is the most DEADLY & CRUEL FIGHTER of the pack, especially when her young is in peril.)
    I do NOT doubt for a single second that my lady will SHOOT TO KILL in defense of hearth & home.
    ADDENDA: I have carefully trained my lady on what to say to the 911 dispatcher & what to do to prepare for the arrival of any LEOs, who arrive before our lawyer does, IF/WHEN she has to shoot an intruder.

yours, satx

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    IANAL but the plain reading of HB196 and what it actually says, I don't see an impact to castle doctrine.

By inserting a duty to retreat into a bill that discusses self defense while in your home, then yes it does impact castle doctrine. It also eviscerates the "stand your ground" concept both in the home, on property you own, or in any area you have a legal right to be. From the proposed bill:

(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against
    another if the actor:
    (1) is [if the actor would be] justified in using force
    against the other under Section 9.31; [and]
    (2) is unable to safely retreat; and
    (3) [when and to the degree the actor] reasonably
    believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

The offending text is highlighted. Those six words would require you to attempt to flee before using force to defend yourself in any situation, because it is specified before the conditions where deadly force can be employed.

Top Bottom