• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I used to, haven't done it in years, and might like to get back into it. Between the mid '70's and the mid '80's I ran a
    1972 'Cuda 340
    1969 GTX 440
    1970 Challenger R/T with a 440 Magnum and also swapped in a 340 Six Pak at times
    1973 Z/28 350, later a 383 (destroked 400).
    All except the Challenger were street driven commuter cars during the week and race cars at the strip on the weekend. The Challenger was a 10-second car with no back seat, roll cage, and uncontrollable on street tires when you hit the gas (yeah, I did run it on the street a couple of times).

So whatcha got? Where do you race?
    Capitol Armory ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Had a 73 challenger right out of highschool, 440 6 pack, used to take it to the local strip on the weekend for fun, frame got all messed up and sold it a few years after.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Currently got a 65' 1/2 Fastback, not original, built out of 2 different cars (long story, I am still trying to figure it out). Grandma bought it a long time ago and now its sitting in the garage. The guy that had it before her built it for drag racing, has a 302 with many upgrades. She was going to sell but I talked her out of it, plan on fixing it up to either a drag car or just a Sunday driver. I am thinking just a Sunday driver but going to still have the drag racing heart, for those summer Saturday nights at the strip.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I haven't had a car worth dragging in awhile... my 94 Cobra sits in the driveway waiting for some work still before I can see what the 306 can do...

The 302 that was in there all stock long block, no NOS, no S/C, etc my best time was a 13.58 on ehh radials.

I am hoping for a low 12 on some drag radials... not bad for a N/A 306 in a 3,500LB + me car...

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Before my kids were born I had a '70 Charger w/ 440 that I used to run in Evadale. Was a daily driver that would run the 1/4 in 12.4 seconds.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Back in the late 70's my daughter wanted a cool car to go to highschool in
    and told me she wanted a 72 Mustang Grande.
    It had a super clean body and 90,ooo miles on it , the 351 Cleveland only had a 2bbl. so we decided
    to rebuild the engine so I put in a Isky light race cam got hold of a 4bbl manifold, set of headers
    and a 750 Holley dbl pumper carb. Put in a shift kit in the FMX tranny, 50's sized tires on the rear
    and some Thrush glass packs and she was good to go. Told her if she got any tickets she would
    have to ride the bus to school. She never got any tickets but I found out later she would
    take the car up to Uniongrove Wisconsin on friday nights and run it .

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    64 plymouth sports fury with a 426 hemi and its a rag top. rolled and pleated white interior with push button tranny. only big problem is the rear window. turns yellow every four to five years. 70 cuda i am rebuilding.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    man I used to run that ragtop at a place called Green Valley Raceway. It was located in Smithfield texas. Oh yeah the greatest strip was hwy 80 between Arlington and Grand Prairie. A cool stretch 4 lanes no lights and plenty of tail watching the action. I lost very few races but once I pulled up to a red light had a new girl in the car and a 56 chevy pulled up next to me. I could hear his cam a popping and he gave me the nod " lets do it ". The light changed and off we went. I was even for a split second and that is the last I saw of him. I was shut down badly. never saw him or his gray primed car again.

spanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yes I drag race

Yep,

I race with my brother and my dad. here are some of our cars....

we have one more but I don't have a picture of it at work.

Attachments

• DSC00033..jpg
      DSC00033..jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 75
    • DSC00012..jpg
      DSC00012..jpg
      49.8 KB · Views: 73
    Top Bottom