• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestTexasshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Sweetwater, TX
    People in my area, let’s get together, shoot and have a BBQ. I am in Sweetwater, TX willing to travel to Abilene, San Angelo or surrounding places. Help me find a place and a date.
    DK Firearms

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I'm in Abilene, and the Abilene Indoor Gun Range has a weekly IPSC shoot where anyone and everyone is welcome. Just bring a handgun, maybe 150rds (though we've been shooting much less than that lately) a holster and magazine carriers, and have fun. Every Tuesday (with a few exceptions, like weeks after really big weekend matches) and it's only $15 (I think. I only pay $5 because I'm a member).

They're also starting a .22LR 2-gun match (rifles and pistols), the first one being this Thursday, May 27. Don't know the price for that, since it's the first one.

I know Abilene Gun Club, the outdoor range on the north side of town, has an active Cowboy Action shoot, though I don't know the frequency, cost, etc. They also have a Service Rifle shoot the last weekend of every month. I haven't been able to try that out yet, but I'm very interested.

For me, being relatively new to the area, trying out some of the local events has opened the door to lots of other shooting. I went to my first outdoor IPSC shoot at San Angelo Gun Club last weekend, with a few of the guys I shoot with at the indoor range on Tuesdays. There's lots of shooting to be done in The Big Country.

Hope this helps.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    WTS...doesn't Sweetwater have a shooting range there ? I believe its IHMSA if I recall. Its been awhile for me since I used to shoot there. Don't know if it shut down or still active. Might ask around if interested. good luck .

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Howdy from Abilene and all points west. Holler if you are still online. I do most of my shooting at the farm. In between A-town and S-water.

ISO1600

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Abilene
    I'm somewhat new to the area, live down in Potosi. I do most of my shooting up at the north range.
    What is the closest range that goes past 200yds?

Top Bottom