Anybody know a good auto shop in SA that wants a good tech?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've had it with my current employment situation. The bullshit is just getting too deep.

The office is completely disorganized. I'm getting incomplete info to diagnose cars, I'm getting wrong parts or no parts. They're working so inefficiently that I have about 20 cars on my work sheet this week, but will probably be lucky to hit 25 hours because I wasted all week running back and forth doing inspections. 2 hours a car is NOT hard to accomplish so long as the workflow is managed semi-competently.

I'm sick of ten hour days with several hours a day wasted by office inefficiency. Hell, I'm just sick of ten hour days.

I'm really sick of Saturdays, even if they are only part days and are (supposed to be) only every other weekend. Especially since that's changed lately, before Saturdays were only "if you have something left over that needs finishing, but mostly for customers to pick cars up." Ok, I can spend 3 hours hanging out in case a customer's car has some odd issue when they pick it up. But now, there have to be two techs on for Saturday. Why!? Before, you'd work one Saturday a month. Now that's (at least) doubled. I may not have a life, but I'd like some goddamn free time to try and find myself one!

There is a lot more going on that I won't get into, but my boss is nuts, the office staff has a couple competent guys and a pair of useless morons (you know what they say about chains and weakest links) and I've just had it.

I'm ASE-certified (not that those useless pieces of paper mean anything) with my master cert, and I can fix just about anything mechanical. I do European cars - Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, VW/Audi, etc. I do Japanese cars and American cars (gravy compared to Euro stuff). Hell, I'll even fix motorcycles, jet skis, whatever...

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I'll keep my ears open....some of the smaller dealerships out this way have openings for good people from time to time...and the people they hire that are GOOD seem to stay forever because they are so well taken care of. The families that own these dealerships remember that selling cars is easy, but keeping long time customers means the place revovles around the SERVICE department, not the sales department!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm not that into dealerships, though. I really doubt I'd fit in. I do love mom and pop places. Loved the last place I worked, unfortunately it was in San Francisco.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Sage,
    How far from SA are you willing to drive? I live in Atascosa County (one county south of Bexar) there are several very busy local shops that I use for fleet repairs that sound like they would be just what you are looking for. I dont know if they are hiring but it wouldnt hurt to ask. If you are on the north side of SA, it would be about a 40-45 minute drive to get to these parts....

Jaywendland1981

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Houston, Tx Gods country
    Try Christian Brothers if you have any nearby, we are closed every weekend. Hours are 7-6 m-f but again you get every weekend off. At my shop theres 3 techs and one full time apprentice, we dont pull a tech off a car for a state inspection, the car count is really high and im averaging 6 hours a ticket. We do alot of differential and tranny and engine jobs, and jasper is our supplier. i left work today with 15 flagged.

Top Bottom