ARJ Defense ad

Anybody spending Thanksgiving Day with commies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    It seems recent Novembers have been contentious at the turkey dinner table when family and friends gather. Last year, it was the election, years before, it was simply Trump, and now we have Rittenhouse and the parade terrorist attack. My wife and I last sat down with leftists in 2016, my wife and I were the only conservatives at the table, and we'll never do it again. This year, we have turned down an invite to drive to Austin (some leftists from my brother-in-law's side are invited), it is just the two of us at home this year. How about you guys?
    Guns International

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Just me alone... another good day with "other" plans! The few people who used to invite me to Thanksgiving have thankfully wised up! If someone did ask me, I would thank them and tell them I have "other" plans...

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    My future brother-in-law is a stinking commie, and yes he is coming over to our home to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner this Thursday. Not too thrilled, but it is what it is. Sadly, over the past 4 years, he has successfully brainwashed my sister-in-law to think the same way. Combined, they have the most warped minds that feed off each other; and have very insane expectations on how this world SHOULD be.

The last time we discussed politics was on the 4th of July, and his latest stance was that illegal immigration is good for our country because the United States has too many white people... I simply responded that he was a "hypocrite and a racist commie", and that pretty much ended the conversation.

I won't bring anything up, but since it is MY house if anything is actually said I will defend my home from any B.S. spewed at the table.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Got one that isn’t commie, but still throws cold water on any political discussion. Not sure what the correct term would be. Capitalist liberal? Californian conservative? She doesn’t believe in the whole vax/Covid thing, she doesn’t believe in all the free money we’ve been handing out, and she’s pro 2A, but she backs some of the leftist ideas like LGBT stuff and pretty sure immigration too based on comments from her young son. She made it known she’s not a Trump supporter, but I’d bet anything this current administration is way more left than she bargained for.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    We will be going to my parent's house; no commies, well my sister is borderline but is smart enough to not bring up anything. I had to talk to her and my dad once after a heated conversation..... I told her it was their house and if she can't respect that she just needs to not come over there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My future brother-in-law is a stinking commie, and yes he is coming over to our home to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner this Thursday. Not too thrilled, but it is what it is. Sadly, over the past 4 years, he has successfully brainwashed my sister-in-law to think the same way. Combined, they have the most warped minds that feed off each other; and have very insane expectations on how this world SHOULD be.

The last time we discussed politics was on the 4th of July, and his latest stance was that illegal immigration is good for our country because the United States has too many white people... I simply responded that he was a "hypocrite and a racist commie", and that pretty much ended the conversation.

I won't bring anything up, but since it is MY house if anything is actually said I will defend my home from any B.S. spewed at the table.
    Simply say, “ I am sorry your beliefs run counter to everything I stand for, perhaps you would be more comfortable eating somewhere else” and leave it at that.
    Have this hanging where they will get to see it every time they look up.
    1637686356813.jpeg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    We have steadfast rules. Politics and religion are not discussed. Period.

Great rules, unfortunately those two tend to be discussed at my relatives dinner table.

The last Thanksgiving gathering with them, most of the table jumped on me and scolded me because when the subject of Bruce Jenner's auto accident came up, I referred to Jenner as "he". And of course I refused to call him "she".

And let's not forget the tired and old passive/aggressive tactic of calling me and my wife "gun loving right-wingers" at the table, then laughing and quickly saying "just joking", as if it is a funny thing to say.

At my age, I have no time for that shit.

Top Bottom