• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    A buddy mentioned he had a couple of these stored, but never used. I was hoping to see if anyone here had actually broken one out and tried it. How durable, how long do you think it would hold water, etc. Considering it for short term use around a storm etc, but might use it in the field in a SHTF event.

It's a bladder designed to fit into a standard bathtub and hold water in an emergency.

waterBOB Emergency Drinking Water Storage - Amazon.com
    Gun Zone Deals

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Been using the smaller ones for over a decade for camping, they work pretty good. I have some of the bigger water bobs but havent taken them out of the package.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Agreed, but once these are filled I don't know if there are any issues with any kind of growth (algae, etc.) if one wants to re-use it.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Agreed, but once these are filled I don't know if there are any issues with any kind of growth (algae, etc.) if one wants to re-use it.

Following the link from Amazon to the website, it says that you should slit the side of the WaterBOB, and dispose of it, not reuse it. Water stays good for up to 4 weeks, depending on temperature, light, and humidity conditions.
    I would think if you wanted too, you could figure out the best solution to clean out the inside of it, and dry it out, but I'm inclined to believe that it would not lend itself to reuse. Too many things could go wrong, if you are going to count on reusing a single one of these things, multiple times.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I have several small man made ponds around me and a high capacity water filter so I'm good on the water situation. Buying an extra water bob or 2 so that you can transport untreated water isn't a bad idea. I think if shit really hit the fan people would be very likely to kill for a gallon of water.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am uncertain as to whether these would stand up to "un-supported" use, as they are designed to be placed in a bathtub.....dunno?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks. May get a few more than planned.

I think for field use you would best dig a slit trench in soft dirt making sure no puncture threats are in it before filling it up.

Also, I did not think it would work upon being emptied, stored and counted on being able to to reuse it.

Top Bottom