Join TexasGunTalk

Anyone Been to Louisiana Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by John Galt, May 27, 2020.

1. John Galt

John Galt Member

Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Has anyone been to Louisiana recently? Just got word from the office that they want me to go babysit a ship in the shipyard for a few weeks. I was wondering if they are as open as Texas or still only in Phase 1 or somewhere in between.

It's unlikely I would be able to partake of any adult beverages anyway, so not that worried about the bars but could I get a haircut? Dine in a restaurant? Any known restrictions?

2. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was just there this last weekend, in Leesville. Don’t know squat about the coastal areas (bypassed Lake Charles - we go through Jasper), but where we were was more open than Texas is right now.

John Galt likes this.
  3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did you have any issue coming back into Texas?

4. John Galt

John Galt Member

Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    That's great to hear! Texas and Florida seem to garner all the attention for being open. I guess LA slipped in under the radar.

5. John Galt

John Galt Member

Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Great question. Although I seriously hope this crap will be all blown over by the time I come back, I DO want to come back!

6. Coiled

Coiled online Supermodel

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/COVIDtravel/

COVID-19 Travel Updates

• May 21, 2020: Under Governor Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-24), all air travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic are terminated, effective immediately. GA-24 terminates all restrictions contained in the Governor’s previous Executive Order that mandated temporary quarantine for air travelers arriving from the following areas of the United States: California; Connecticut; New York; New Jersey; Washington; Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; or Miami, Florida.
    • Under Governor Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-20), the mandatory 14-day quarantine for travelers entering Texas on roadways from Louisiana, as well as those traveling by air from Louisiana, has been eliminated. DPS screening stations along the Texas/Louisiana border have been closed.

John Galt, JCC and ZX9RCAM like this.
  7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No sir. The only real issue for us was US 190 between Livingston and Jasper...there’s a bridge out, so we had to detour 10mi south, cross, then 10mi north.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  8. JCC

JCC Well-Known

May 1, 2018
    US
    I was in Louisiana a month or so back passing back through home to Dallas after flying to Tampa. No issues at the state line anymore after Governor Abbott lifted what was in place before. Get some good food while you are down there. Nice crawfish pie and some boudin in Nachitoches(middle of nowhere off I-49).

I had issues on my way from Tampa where the Five Mile Swamp was on fire before Pensacola which delayed me a good bit where they were detouring everyone off of I-10. Someone managed to start a wildfire by burning his garbage in a barrel. http://weartv.com/news/local/five-mile-swamp-fire-how-did-it-start

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. gdr_11

gdr_11 Well-Known

Aug 1, 2014
    The Shreveport Farmer's Market is reopening on Saturday. I have thought about going there and checking it out so glad to hear things are opening up over there.

10. AustinBR

AustinBR BayouShooter TGT Supporter

Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    Agreed.

If you are driving through Krotz Springs, try some of the boudin balls from Billy's Boudin.

I've driven to and from various parts of LA and northern TX four times since March and haven't had a single problem.

If you are driving down I49, there is very minimal traffic nowadays.