Texas SOT

Anyone CC at work on a regular basis thats NOT LEO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I carry into the building, but then place it into my laptop bag for the rest of the day until I leave, or go out for lunch.
    Lynx Defense

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We don't have any posted 30.06 or 30.07 signs, but the employee handbook and policies you must acknowledge make it clear it is a CLM to have a weapon outside your vehicle. On that note, I have been tempted to wear my CC holster inside anyway to see if there was any response to the holster...the belt loops give it away if you know what to look for

CLM? Too many acronyms for me. What's that?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've accidentally done it a couple times back when I was working another job and going to school in the afternoons. Once I'd sit down and realize what I had forgotten, I'd head back out and put it back in the truck. Fortunately, all of my class and instructors were mostly vets and it was the first classroom next to the door, so I honestly could have left it on while printing and still gotten away with it. lol

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Printing. Pfft. At least I'm glad that conversation is mostly gone. I hear you bro, our HR person would have had a fit if she saw any hint of a firearm - but she's mostly clueless anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    My work doesn't currently allow it. The legislature changed that so ill be allowed to next year. For now, I keep a good knife, military grade pepper spray, and a SOG axe in my desk. Just as effective for CQC.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    LoL how is this any different than carrying a gun....some messed up priorities people have thinking guns are the devil....

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Self employed.
    Pocket carry in either jeans or cargo shorts.
    Forget it's there more often than not.
    And that's not due to age ... yet.

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Solid! THanks folks. I had to look up some of those holsters... I might be upgrading soon, I need an early Xmas gift since I have to drop a few K on a big Five O gift for the wife. I have to curtail spending anything for a few months.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I conceal carry only at work unless the IRS comes to my office for a visit
    At which point you open carry or don't carry? IRS Officers and Agents don't care if you're carrying concealed and most won't care if you're carrying openly as long as you're not a jerk.

Special Agents will definitely care, either way. However, if they're visiting you already have much bigger problems.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you don't mind me asking, what's your setup?

Depends on the day. I use either White Hat holster or Sheperd Leather tuckable holsters with J hooks and a reinforced belt from agcustomgunleather.com. I've also got a belt from abbetterbeltusa.com, but it's thicker and the J hooks have a little trouble grabbing on.

I usually carry a bobtail commander 1911, but will sometimes switch to a M&P shield or M&P compact of full size.

The shield is nice and light. The compact or full size hold more bullets, and the full size isn't much different than the 1911 in dimensions. The bobtail commander is more comforting to me due to familiarity, but a good belt is the key to carrying.

Top Bottom