Texas SOT

Anyone else going to stop using YouTube?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fosty 2.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2019
    Austin
    I tried a while ago and got sucked back into it, but after this new wave of censorship I need to try again.

If anyone else is switching platforms; what are you using?

Obviously for gun videos there is Full30, but what about everything else?
    I hear that a lot of people are going to BitChute.
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasGunAdmirer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    I try to use Full30 but YouTube is more convenient since I watch other types of videos too. Some places are hosting videos on their own sites. Eventually the government will have to step in because of the bias and censorship of the large websites restricting free speech (one would think).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hate that YouTube has bowed to Vox, but the videos I watch that are in opposition to this are still on YouTube. I hate seeing that the government may have to step in, but I don't really see a way the bias can be stopped otherwise.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I still use YT, though would prefer not too. I did go on a spree last night and start reporting videos as hateful or harmful or something. One of my favorite channels is Crowder so I used their tactics against them. Of course it won’t have the same effect unless we do it en masse.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I try to use Full30 but YouTube is more convenient since I watch other types of videos too. Some places are hosting videos on their own sites. Eventually the government will have to step in because of the bias and censorship of the large websites restricting free speech (one would think).
    A private site can restrict whatever speech it likes. The government " stepping in" would be a 1st amendment violation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A private site can restrict whatever speech it likes. The government " stepping in" would be a 1st amendment violation.

It’s possible.

There has already been a court ruling that a state can not prevent a person from accessing and posting on sites like Twitter and Facebook because they have become relevant to public discourse and doing so would be a 1A violation.

It seems as if things are moving towards the idea that once I site achieves a certain amount of influence it may no longer be as simple as “private sites do as they wish”. Just as the phone company can’t kick you off their lines for disliking what you say. All the discussion about the last election supposedly being influenced via Facebook is a good example. We also have court rulings the prevent politicians from blocking people on the Twitter and Facebook accounts because it violates their right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It’s not very much of a stretch to say that removing someone from the site altogether has the same effect.

That said, I doubt it would get as far as requiring that your speech be monetized or promoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ..... I hate seeing that the government may have to step in, but I don't really see a way the bias can be stopped otherwise.
    This was the second such mention in this thread and it got me thinking: "How would that even work?" I am fully on board that the bias and censorship are bad, but I have a very hard time coming up with a scenario in which the government would be "fixing" this.
    Maybe there are some simple approaches that could help. But my experience is that our government does not prefer simple. Anyone remember the CAN-SPAM act that was to eliminate SPAM in our email boxes? Yes, I NEVER got any more SPAM after THAT.
    But it's an interesting question, and one that likely will need to be answered soon. I am on Twitter a little and it is basically USELESS now when you open a tweet only to find huge long string of "This Tweet is Unavailable". Waste of time. I think it ruins the site for almost everyone.
    Except maybe the snowflakes?
    Okay, end of pondering for this morning.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    As much as I hate their anti gun policies, I can't avoid Youtube. Too many good gun reviewers to miss out. I have used YT countless times for "How to" and DIY projects. And alas, now I'm hooked on Scotty Kilmer.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Whats going on with YT now?
    A guy at Vox got upset with Crowder and has tried to get him banned. Steven Crowder has been demonetized, but as a result many, many other smaller sites have too. (A series of Tim Poole videos has been following this). Not only are they targeting so called hate speech, but even words that come close to what might be considered an improper moniker in a video is being demonetized or removed.

Top Bottom