• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Yeah, I fly fish from time to time. I just have a cheap setup from Wal-Mart, but works really good. Most of the time, I just fish at the local lake for panfish, but have landed several largemouth bass. I have to tell ya, a 2lb bass on a flyrod is exciting :) There have been other times that I have made a trip to Wolf Pen Gap (Mena) in Arkansas and took a lot of trout, great experience.

supermilano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    Yeah, I fly fish from time to time. I just have a cheap setup from Wal-Mart, but works really good. Most of the time, I just fish at the local lake for panfish, but have landed several largemouth bass. I have to tell ya, a 2lb bass on a flyrod is exciting :) There have been other times that I have made a trip to Wolf Pen Gap (Mena) in Arkansas and took a lot of trout, great experience.

Yeah only reason I bought a rod and real was the local place to me had 40% off the day I happened to check the place out and I impulse bought it.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Please explain how you tried fly fishing and ended up in the ER? lol

My guess, would prolly have been the forward flick, that then it produced a sharp object in one's person. been there, done that :D Although I never went to the ER, I just cut the barb and removed fly from my arm. Hardest part, was pulling the fly and pushing the hook back through the skin to cut it. Had to strip the body to have enough hook to thread it through. I took that as a learning opportunity and learned that if you hold the rod at around 5 degree angle away from body, no more unwanted hookups ;) My advice to a beginner, practice with a fly with the entire bend of the hook cut off, that way you can practice without and risks and can even practice on dry land.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I was just kidding.
    I do have a couple of rods and reels.
    I've tried it but I just can't get the hang of it. I done some doofuss saltwater stuff using a fly rod to catch speckled trout and redfish.
    Even went so far as to buy a Sage brand ultralight rod.
    The neighbors are still laughing at me when I tried casting out in the yard.

supermilano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    I was just kidding.
    I do have a couple of rods and reels.
    I've tried it but I just can't get the hang of it. I done some doofuss saltwater stuff using a fly rod to catch speckled trout and redfish.
    Even went so far as to buy a Sage brand ultralight rod.
    The neighbors are still laughing at me when I tried casting out in the yard.

I looked at some Sage rods but damn are those expensive!

supermilano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    My guess, would prolly have been the forward flick, that then it produced a sharp object in one's person. been there, done that :D Although I never went to the ER, I just cut the barb and removed fly from my arm. Hardest part, was pulling the fly and pushing the hook back through the skin to cut it. Had to strip the body to have enough hook to thread it through. I took that as a learning opportunity and learned that if you hold the rod at around 5 degree angle away from body, no more unwanted hookups ;) My advice to a beginner, practice with a fly with the entire bend of the hook cut off, that way you can practice without and risks and can even practice on dry land.

Ok thank you for telling me that now before I learned the hard way lol

Top Bottom