• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nope. I'll keep my P30, Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'll keep my p30 too, and I'm on the Cross Creek pre order for one of these as well. It does resemble a PPQ, but then it got it's looks from the p30, so it resembles a P30 to me. The grip texture is a copy of the PPQ though. My PPQ just felt kinda of cheap compared to my P30 though. It performed great though.

Looking forward to that short reset and lower bore axis!

I can't wait either!

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    my opinion is that HK pistols are U G L Y - and I'll never own a pistol that I think is U G L Y

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    They are entering a very crowded market that has plenty of cheaper options that are also fairly high quality. If I were going to go for a new design, I'd rather try out the new SIG. Even then, I'm eyeing the M&P right now.

However, glad to see HK is diversifying their product line and offering something that is more accessible to the general population. With their recent, or current, money woes this is a step in the right direction.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    There is a very good chance that ill trade my MP9's for at least one of these babies. Especially if the trigger is as good as it's been reported. Not sure about the P30 yet. Guess if I am enamored with the unit I'll trade the P30 as well since in not a safe queen fan.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I want one, really hope they made a weapon with a good trigger..

I remember all the people who said the XD trigger was "Soooooo much better than a Glock." No, it wasn't. In fact it felt worse than a Glock with a competition spring set installed. Same for the M&P.

I'm not holding out much hope the HK is any better. They're trying to make it sound like it's almost a 1911 or something. It will be very nice if I'm wrong.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Actually, my XD trigger was far better than my Glock... Out of the box.

I'm in the same boat. Wishing that the VP9 trigger is atleast as good as the PPQ trigger and all the reviewers including Larry Vickers aren't blowing smoke up our asses. Also want to make sure these reviewers aren't using some golden master hand built units passed around by HK and full production will be like these units.

They are definitely worth looking and considering though.

rsilvers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    NE
    I'll keep my p30 too, and I'm on the Cross Creek pre order for one of these as well. It does resemble a PPQ, but then it got it's looks from the p30, so it resembles a P30 to me. The grip texture is a copy of the PPQ though. My PPQ just felt kinda of cheap compared to my P30 though. It performed great though.

I have a P30 and PPQ and I think they are equal looking quality.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have a P30 and PPQ and I think they are equal looking quality.

I just found the plastic a little nicer on the HK, it doesn't mark as easy and just feels like a better plastic in the hand. The frame to slide fit seems a little nicer as well. And the over all fit and finish appears to be cleaner. Steel guide rod...steel sights etc. The Walther is very nice,but IMO, not as nice the HK. Course this is all opinion based except for the materials used.

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    I haz one and I love it. While i have not fired a PPQ the trigger out of the box is better than glock imo. Crisp break well forward of the back of the trigger guard. Plotting on buying another as soon as i'm able.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Not seeing what this has over the PPQ. The stippling even looks the same.

I'm always weary when a high-dollar company tries to make a lower-priced product (I'm looking at you, Sig).

I know this is late, but . . .

I think the striker fired designed are just a bunch cheaper to produce (and therefore result in a cheaper pistol). I'll think about this pistol. maybe. . . you, know. If I ever get any money.

Top Bottom