• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Anyone go to the High Caliber....err Lone Star......whatever they call themselves these days show?

Not near as crowded as an Original Ft Worth show usually is, got to park in the underground parking no problem. The room was about 85% full and half of the last two rows were tables and chairs which was pretty cool to sit and relax after walking the show. I found a Smith 67 for $400 that looked pretty decent. When I got it home and started cleaning on it I realized the pistol was never cleaned properly and once all cleaned up it was really in excellent shape.

Two other pistols caught my eye but I didn't get, a DW .357 with a 2.5" barrel for $375 and a used 629 4" for $700.

Ammo prices were still stupid
    Lynx Defense

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Unfortunately for 1Q 2014 I have to work weekends. Did you bump into Runner Runner?

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I got to park underground for a change, I had the little one in a stroller so that was good. I was on a tight timeline. Showed up around 11:00 and found no line in front to get in. I finally got met up with runnerrunner. A+ vender and a good guy. He was more then willing to work me through my million questions and hold product that I paid for like a month ago. He also had the best prices on uppers at the show.

The crowd wasn't too bad. I was able to pick up a couple other trinkets I needed and made it out in an hour and a half. Heck, a year ago it took you an hour and a half just to get in the door.

It would have been nice to have 4 or 5 hours and a wad of cash.... maybe next time.

AdamT

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I haven't been seeing too many deals lately, so I didn't even think about going. Too bad I guess. That DW sounds like it might have followed me home.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I also got to park underground...which was a good thing due to the later rain.
    I stopped by runner runner and bought a bolt and carrier from them.
    Saw a bunch of boxes roaming around so it looks like people were spending tax refunds.
    Almost picked up a high standard duramatic in VG condition. Was looking for a cheap 10/22 to build up for suppressor use. It was cheaper to buy a new one based on the prices I saw. Considered a S&W 15-22 for the same...

The only DW I saw was a .357 pistol pack (missing sight inserts, tool, patch, and belt buckle) for stupid money.
    Didn't see any barrels though...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom