Anyone goin to the San Ant gun show?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by CarbonCycles, Nov 18, 2008.

1. CarbonCycles

CarbonCycles Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Thought I'd see if anyone from the forum was gonna be up there this weekend. I'm tempted to drive down from Austin to see what it's all about.

2. ldcarson

ldcarson Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Its my last weekend in town before heading overseas. Am in Seguin area, so will deffinately head that way.

3. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm not impressed at all with SAXET gun show....always the same stuff.....most of it is WAY overpriced, and that was before the election. i would be scared to see the prices now. if you are looking for a certan part or antique gun, it may be for you, but modern weapon prices and ammo prices are a joke.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

I was not wowed by the Saxet show last spring/summer down in Robstown. I met some good folks, looked at some interesting stuff. But for the most part, wasn't really any deals. Halfway decent gun table to browse through, but for the prices, I may have just looked online or gone to a gun shop.

I'll tell you though, it was notches better than one or two gun shows we went to in WA. I think the best part was the bbq sandwich :tongueout: