• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Thinking about a euro mount for my recent deer kill. Anyone on here from Central Texas and have a colony already? They're $55 for a starter kit, but I only need it this once. Would be willing to chip in or offer some beer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357535429.849302.jpg
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    They're pretty easy to find to build your own colony. Find a rotting carcass and they'll be there, usually easiest to find in the skull. Place as many as you can collect into a Rubbermaid storage container with a dog food floor (they like the cheap stuff so Ole Roy will work great). They'll take it from there.

Once your colony has matured (to where they are reproducing in the container) you can just drop your skulls and other bones into the crate and they'll do a bang up janitor job for you.

A word of caution: keep your colony well away from your other mounts. They will destroy them.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm looking for an established colony for several reasons. I don't need new pets. Freezing weather kills dermestids, as they do not have the ability to go dormant like some insects. Thanks for trying to help though.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm looking for an established colony for several reasons. I don't need new pets. Freezing weather kills dermestids, as they do not have the ability to go dormant like some insects. Thanks for trying to help though.

Yeah, I didn't thoroughly read your initial post before answering.

I had a colony a couple of years ago for the same reason you're looking for one. Ended up being a pain in the ass to maintain. I did get a couple of badass Javilina mounts out of it.

I'll get out of your thread now. Good luck!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Yeah, I didn't thoroughly read your initial post before answering.

I had a colony a couple of years ago for the same reason you're looking for one. Ended up being a pain in the ass to maintain. I did get a couple of badass Javilina mounts out of it.

I'll get out of your thread now. Good luck!

It's all good.

Anyone got some bugs out there?

Top Bottom